As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology. Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology a plus.
· 4 - 6 years performing development of Applications in an OO environment
· J2EE Certification for java
· Knowledge of release management version and revision control practices and procedures
· Strong knowledge of development life cycles
· Solid experience in Java design, coding, TDD, testing and debugging techniques
· Experience designing application design documents with UML
· Solid experience in enterprise level J2EE platforms using J2EE design patterns.
· Extensive experience with Spring and any RDBMS technologies.
· Strong SQL knowledge including query design and performance tuning
· Knowledge of open source tools and utilities
· Oracle programming experience (stored procedures, PL/SQL, query optimisation)
· Working knowledge of middleware services and its utilisation.
· Experience coding and utilising webservices.
· Experience with Eclipse or a similar IDE
· Experience with GIT or similar source code versioning tools
· Experience with Fitnesse or similar Automation Test tools a plus
· Experience with Kafka and data formats like ProtoBuf/Avro is a plus
· Previous Experience of working in Banking domain or Finance is a plus
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.