Commercial Banking – Wholesale Lending Services – Process, Risk and Control - Associate Grade 602
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking (CB) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business. These functions include loan documentation, closing and funding, payment and fee processing, syndication loan and trade processing, credit administration and collateral perfection and management. This role resides within WLS Operations Risk and Control and supports the team’s responsibility for ensuring effective implementation of the operational risk framework across the function, as well as providing advisory support on matters related to operational risk management. This position collaborates and partners with the WLS management team, the CB Controls Group and other functional support groups (Compliance, Audit, Finance, etc.) to develop and drive operational risk and controls strategy and to ensure that operational risks and issues are appropriately identified, escalated and mitigated.
· Delivers non-core operational risk and control efforts for WLS. Efforts include and are not limited to:
o Risk and Controls process reviews
o Provide process risk and controls expertise on WLS Technology related efforts
o Risk Event Remediation
o Office of Legal Obligation Applicability reviews
o Data Quality risk efforts
· Collaborates with global WLS risk teams to manage capacity and forecast delivery of required risk and control efforts
· Maintain the WLS Process, Risk and Controls strategy and approach for continuous improvement and evolution of controls and risk management
· Lead various special risk and control projects as assigned that support WLS functional teams, CB Legal, CB Controls and other key stakeholders in ongoing efforts
· Deliver accurate status reports and appropriate risk reporting for monthly reviews and other reporting
· Maintain awareness of significant risk and control issues within the business and integrate as appropriate into efforts.
· Maintain awareness of significant changes impacting the business, both internally and externally, and ensure appropriate actions to accommodate or address within ongoing efforts
- BCOM/BS/BA degree
- 9+ years financial services experience with minimum 3 years of operational risk, controls or audit experience
- Excellent working knowledge of audit, risk and operational management concepts and the ability to understand and interpret the impact of decisions, as well as identify and convey potential problem areas
- Ability to foster positive and proactive approach to process assessment and improvement and to identify trends and improve processes for both the customer and the business
- Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of risk management tools
- Ability to focus on the key issues and drive initiatives to conclusion
- Strong relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills and ability to isolate the root cause
- Working knowledge of loan operations environment
This position can be based in Bengaluru
Shift: EMEA hours
People management: Not applicable. Individual Contributor role but potential for a change