The Moneta Team within Core Components and Architecture organization is focused on enabling and accelerating cloud adoption across the Asset Wealth Management organization. The team is focused on transforming cloud development and developing application stack blueprints based on Spring Boot, Node.js and modern web development techniques.
We are seeking a passionate result-oriented technologist to drive better, faster, simpler solutions and technology direction. Someone that is highly motivated, hands-on and cross-functional with the capability of driving high quality solutions to difficult problems.
- Work collaboratively to ensure team and organization standards are followed and the team is consistently focused on continuous improvements and sustained delivery.
- Employ simple design and pragmatic implementation techniques to drive business value.
- Pair program with team members to build high-quality solutions.
- Adopt a quality first mindset with a high emphasis placed on unit testing and TDD.
- Mentor junior team members to progress their technical and professional skills. Be open and actively seeking learning opportunities from more senior team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
- 5+ years experience working as an Application Developer.
- Java - Strong experience working with Java and Spring Boot.
- SCM - Strong experience working with an SCM such as Git.
- Maven - Strong experience working with Maven as a build tool including a firm understanding of Maven standards and common practices.
- Database - Strong implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA or MyBatis. Must be proficient in
SQL preferably across multiple databases.
- Web - Experience with ES6, Node.js, Webpack, CSS, Sass, Less, Angular and/or React.
- Cloud - Experience with both Private and Public clouds ranging from IaaS to PaaS solutions.
- General - Comfortable in more than two programming languages with a strong understanding of fundamental web/internet technologies.
- Engineering Practices
- TDD - Practical experience with unit testing using tools like JUnit and Mockito.
- Refactoring - Experience with refactoring concepts and how they apply when building and maintaining high-quality solutions.
- Pair Programming - Comfortable with the concept of pairing with other team members to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms).