As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile/Scrum frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
As a Middleware Web Services Business Analyst Lead, you will:
- Serve as liaison between the Technology build team and business stakeholders utilizing agile techniques
- Be responsible for technical documentation of middleware web services and data mapping specifications, working with the business to analyze their business requirements and in return, providing technical expertise and producing technical
- Assist the stakeholders in evaluating priorities, advising business partners on options, risks, and pros/cons of various
- Assist the business in identifying, assessing, and documenting business requirements
- Perform middleware web service analysis, data mapping, including examination of WSDL, XML and APIs
- Understand the context in which middleware web services are used within the business applications and match business
- Develop detailed user stories to explain functional specifications to technology teams
- Document test strategies ensuring that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test scripts, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been complete
- Work with other analyst and the technology, build-development team to design solutions for clients
- Help analyze impact of proposed solutions across shared services technology
- Build requirements for application additions, changes and modifications
- Map requirements to the sources of data within systems
BS degree (or equivalent work experience) in Information Technology (IT), Business/Finance or related discipline.
3+ years in financial services, banking is preferred.
Seven plus years experience as Business Analyst
Experience in performing middleware web service analysis, data mapping, including examination of WSDL, XML and APIs
Must understand the context in which middleware web services are used within the business applications and match business requirements to the sources of data within system
Ability to develop detailed user stories to explain functional specifications to technology teams
Experience in documenting test strategies ensuring that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test scripts, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed
Fluent in Scrum Principles
Experience interacting with all levels of management
Proficient in multiple business disciplines/functions
Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels of the organization and geographically
Demonstrated ability to work as a team player; leading the group to develop alternative solutions to complex problems, thinking outside the box, encouraging group consensus and recommending the best solution
Detail oriented with strong organization skills, presentation skills, problem solving and decision making abilities
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, Cyber security, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.