JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Global Services Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while it’s Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
Within GSO, the Critical Infrastructure Operations team was formed to provide high level / dedicated 24*7 Level 3 support via follow the sun for the following key Security/Configuration Management/Automation Platforms: Keon, Sophia, LDAP, CFEngine, and Puppet.
As a Senior Linux/Puppet Administrator within the GSO Critical Infrastructure Operations team, you will be responsible for supporting JPMC's complex Linux (focused on Critical Infra apps) environment, incident resolution, providing subject matter expertise to other team members, driving service improvements/automation and ensuring the highest degree of resilience and top tier
support, resulting in uninterrupted platform availability. Driving service improvement across the environment is key to the role: managing all service delivery, resiliency, efficiency, and audit programs as well as ensuring engineering standards and products are integrated across the platforms. The scope of responsibilities will entail trouble ticket investigations, root
cause analysis, resolution, implementing, measuring, and improving all processes, procedures, and activities required to ensure maximum availability, utility, flexibility, and responsiveness of the production environment.
- Must be able to take ownership of issues and drive through to resolution across a complex, global enterprise environment.
- Manage mission critical environments for a major global financial services organization and strive for continual improvement across the environment.
- Be able to effectively communicate with diverse technical teams, multiple lines of business at all levels within the organization.
- Automate repetitive Operation tasks and resolve repeat issues via development skills
- Identify and drive Operational stability, efficiency, and risk reduction
- Play a pivotal role in defining, implementing, and enforcement of Service Level Benchmarks.
- Ensure all process, procedures, and controls are auditable. Perform regular risk assessment, and create regular updates on compliance for senior management.
- Perform proactive duties, including capacity management, patch management and software upgrades.
- Work well independently and as part of a group within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Perform all duties following all JPMC standards regarding engagement, change management, and escalations.
- Work closely with Engineering and LOB partners to define, drive, and report on strategic programs that continuously improve stability, efficiency, and performance of the infrastructure.
- Required to escalate to vendors and provide root cause analysis and incident reports. Provide timely resolution to break/fix issues.
This position may require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.