JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The Business Banking Risk Management, VP will demonstrate proven skills to lead projects in a fast paced environment spanning Risk Management functions as well as IT and business units within Business Banking and may require integration with cross line of business teams throughout Consumer and Community Banking. This individual will manage Risk Management participation in projects or tracks of work throughout various phases which may include coordination of business analysis and requirements definition, business and resource prioritization, design, development and implementation. The candidate ensures projects are completed in accordance with all Risk, IT and other relevant firm-wide guidelines utilizing project management tools and artifacts through the project delivery process.
- This individual will build and leverage partnerships across business groups and follow best practices for project delivery and reporting. They must be able to resolve conflicts while escalating and/or proactively identifying solutions and solving problems early in the project process.
- This individual must be able to establish project management tools for the assigned projects (including project plans, issue logs, risk and watch items) while also ensuring priorities and deadlines are achieved and communicated effectively with various levels of stakeholders and management.
- Ensure recurring cadence of reporting within BB Risk and across Lines of Business with responsibility to keep Senior Management engaged and aware of program delivery progress, schedule, issues and risks
- Ensure repeatable, consistent, effective delivery processes are followed for both Program and Project life cycle
- Institute appropriate reporting to measure benefits realized during program delivery
- Ensure engagement across organizational levels
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the business banking book of works, managing appropriate prioritization and representing projects in the priority assessment meeting to influence stakeholders
- Define and maintain portfolio, program and project governance metrics
- Proactively monitor the PMO portfolio & identify and address gaps
- Act as an escalation point to project managers for BB related questions/issues
- This role requires a strong ability to convey project information in concise fashion with a strong emphasis on PowerPoint communication.
- 8-10 years of strong Program/Project Management and Project Controls experience. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience &/or specialized training in Project Management
- Solid experience in working in a highly matrix environment across many different businesses
- Solid experience in managing program/ project schedules, tracking program/ project and milestone completion, and reporting progress effectively to management in a timely fashion
- Experience with governance processes and metrics
- Possesses strong business acumen to manage this function with discipline while being flexible to changing business needs.
- Experience leading a diverse team in an IT organization with hands-on experience establishing program structure, governance, strategy and target benefits
- Project delivery experience leading requirements definition, application design and development, and high level of interaction with engaging with test teams and periphery support teams focused on build, infrastructure and release/implementation
- Deep experience leading across both Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills with experience communicating with senior business and IT leaders
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead cross functional teams to a solution and adjust leadership style for the situation
- Expert in use of standard office software(MS Office, Visio, Project), reporting applications, and analytical techniques
- Proven ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and perform at high standards with limited supervision
- Strong Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving ability
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work for self and others
- Risk Management or technical project experience preferred
- Ability to provide Management reporting on project status and overall book of work