J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
Global Clearing Operations supports Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Ops, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
JPM is the 2nd largest Futures Commission Merchant based on Client Assets
Processes ~750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily
Provides clearing at 62 global Clearing Houses
Settled USD equivalent 24.3Bn in physical deliveries Q1 2016
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Chicago. We’ve been in Chicago since 1863, and we’re one of the largest employers in the city. In 2013, we celebrated 150 years of our relationship with the city of Chicago. In the summer of 1863, JPMorgan Chase & Co. predecessor, The First National Bank of Chicago, opened its doors as the first "national" bank to serve the city of Chicago. We love this laid-back city that offers an intense array of cuisine, sports and architecture. See what we – and Chicago – have to offer. We have more than 16,000 employees in the Chicago area, including more than 500 veterans hired since 2011. Our employees devoted over 15,000 hours to charity in 2014 alone. Come join a team that gives its all, in and out of work.
The Americas F&O Middle Office department provides account management services to J.P. Morgan’s extensive external client base which includes Banks, Hedge Funds, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, Commodity Trading Advisors, Corporates, Utility Companies, Oil Companies & Food Companies. Partnering closely with Sales and all areas within Front Office and Operations, the group ensures that the highest of standards are met for the service delivered to clients.
Americas F&O Middle Office at J.P. Morgan is structured with a tiered operating model so that key external relationships are serviced by Associate level Middle Office Representatives who each have a limited number of top-tier clients.
The Americas F&O Middle Office team is further organized into two teams by client type / asset classes of the F&O products traded. These teams are “Banks & Asset Managers” and “Hedge Funds & Commodities”.
Americas F&O Middle Office require a motivated, experienced individual at Associate level with proven client facing skills in the financial services industry to perform high-quality account management responsibilities for a number of key relationships in regards to their operational / post execution / strategic servicing requirements.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Priority Relationship Account Management
- Client Liaison, Education & Advice
- Product Expiration Management
- Account Discrepancy Management (e.g. Trades, Commissions, Brokerage, etc)
- Clearing Technology Support (i.e. J.P. Morgan Markets)
- Pro-Active / Strategic Approach to Client Account Management (including MIS analysis)
- Comprehensive KYC Knowledge for Operations & Front Office Servicing Requirements of Priority Relationships
- Client Education of Changes / Developments to the Regulatory Framework in the Derivatives Industry
- Client Visits, Onsite Training & Service Review Meetings
- Prospect Client Sales Meetings
- Project Work
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive F&O industry knowledge (Ideally minimum 5 years experience)
- Proven skills in delivering a professional face to our clients and taking ownership of issues through to closure
- Detailed F&O exchange / product knowledge for global markets across all asset classes
- Experience in handling a client base consisting of Banks, Hedge Funds, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, Commodity Trading Advisors, Corporates, Utility Companies, Oil Companies & Food Companies.
- Comprehensive understanding of physical delivery process for key Fixed Income, Currency, Equity & Commodity F&O products
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate across multiple aspects of the organization at various levels
- Be a dynamic & proactive team player
- Ability to identify process improvements that drive capacity, efficiency and control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Strong time management skills required to meet critical deadlines and prioritize
- Strong PC & Industry application skills (e.g. GMI, Microsoft Office)
Would suit someone looking for a flexible working opportunity