· Design new/changing data structures in the Global Technology environment.
· Reduce the risk of implementing new/changing data structures in the JP Morgan Chase environment.
· Optimize the utilization of data assets by governing investments via a data blueprint.
· Ensure that all technology directions create a positive customer experience.
· Enforce data architectural standards by leading and mentoring other members of the team and reviewing their work.
· Enforce data architectural standards by documenting standards and best practices for use across the firm, providing training tools and oversight
· Develop and publish data architecture standards for use across the firm
· Formulate information architecture strategy
· Design, model and implement data solutions to meet the business needs and risk tolerance criteria of the firm.
· Ensure changes to the data environment generated by the department are compatible and compliant to the architectural standards.
· Communicate findings and recommendations effectively and efficiently through department.
· Review the designs of other Information Architects to ensure cohesive integral data design across the firm.
· Maintain/Enhance data modeling toolkit to ensure flawless delivery of data architecture.
· Maintain/Enhance data design process within Software Development Life Cycle working closely with the Firmwide Chief Development Office
· Meet regularly with other Information Architecture to review/enhance Information Architecture policies across the firm
· Ensure Firmwide Data Management Council decisions and Firmwide Information Architecture goals, guiding principles, and standards align
· Consult with Data Stewards and provide guidance on the creation of critical data elements with regard to the Firmwide Data Management Operating Model guidelines.
· Partner with Data Stewards to identify Authoritative Data Sources
· Maintain/Enhance the inclusion and treatment of critical data elements into the Software Development Life Cycle working closely with the Firmwide Chief Development Office
· Master Logical data model development / maintenance
· Develop training material for data architecture standards
· Deliver training material to students across strategic technology hubs
Education, Experience, And Skills Required:
· Logical + Physical Data Modeling experience is a must with a minimum of 7 years experience, 10+ preferred
· ERwin experience is a must with a minimum of 7 years experience
· Hands on experience with Oracle, VSAM, IMS, DB2 and Teradata is preferred
· Hands on mentoring and training experience is a must
· Experience with robust, operationally sound production environments is preferred.
· Experience with large/very large databases is preferred.
· Experience with large scale development projects, Internet development experience, large integration projects.
· Knowledge of software project lifecycle is a must.
· Experience with change management procedures is a must.
· Experience with deployment of database changes is a must with a minimum of 3 years experience, 5+ preferred
· Demonstrated ability to investigate and learn new technologies and products is a must.
· Understanding of distributed environments: Unix, NT; Data, Application and Web servers.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.