J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
DEPARTMENT: Compliance Reporting
REPORTING TO: Vice President
Functional job title- Investment Compliance Analyst
Corporate Title- Associate
Worldwide Securities Services (WSS) Summary:
J.P. Morgan Worldwide Securities Services (WSS) is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. A division of JPMorgan Chase Bank, WSS leverages the firm’s global scale, leading technology and deep industry expertise to service investments around the world. It has $16.1 trillion in assets under custody and $7.3 trillion in funds under administration. For more information, go to www.jpmorgan.com/wss.
Market-leading post-trade compliance reporting services for portfolio risk management. J.P. Morgan's market-leading Compliance Reporting Services enables asset managers, fund sponsors and trustees to efficiently detect and manage violations of client-specified investment rules, facilitating risk reduction and demonstrating industry best practices. With more than 200 clients and 6,000 portfolios-including more than 2,000 mutual funds-the firm services a large number of sophisticated investors globally, representing approximately $2 trillion in assets. Our diverse client list includes corporate and public pensions, investment managers, endowments and foundations, corporate cash, insurers and central banks.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
This role will incorporate the following:
Provided with a set of clients, the Compliance Reporting Analyst would be responsible for:
• Reviews rules setup by other analysts & acts as a control point toward achieving that the rule is working as per client requirement.
• Ensure the setup of rules are in line with regulatory requirements including the 1940 Act & UCITS
• Able to interpret regulatory changes if any and accordingly provide functional input to make necessary changes to any existing rules.
• Act as a change agent and provide technical expertise to key projects/initiatives in the compliance reporting function.
• Act as a key linkage point with the OSD teams & other stakeholders including audit. Is able to provide an e2e view of the rule coded, whether it is working properly and resultant breaches if any.
• Providing innovative solutions to client requirements (including coding the Compliance Reporting application) in sync with optimization of the rule library in place.
• Is able to appreciate specific client nuances successfully and provide an appropriate & optimal solution to meet objectives.
• Maintaining existing fund "rules" within the system and tailoring available solutions to the changing needs of the client in a timely manner.
• Scope client requirements against that of the system and perform maintenance to the client's account.
• Investigate investment guideline breaches with the investment manager to assist the client in the breach resolution process.
• Keep upto date with industry practice, product development and evolving regulations.
• Concentrate on problem-solving technical and involved requests for clients across the globe, as part of discrete implementations of new business.
• Interpreting investment mandates to identify "rules"
• Agreeing reporting criteria with the OSD teams
• Coding identified and agreed "rules" within the Compliance Reporting application
• Logical, problem-solving, technical person would be ideally suited.
The successful candidate will need to either have, or swiftly acquire, knowledge of a myriad of financial instruments, including derivatives.
• Regularly communicate with the Ops and OSD teams (over the phone and electronically) discussing potential breaches on the investment mandates relating to assigned funds.
• Create, maintain and test logical rules automatically applied to the financial instruments owned by J.P.Morgan's clients.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Degree in related technical area (such as Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Sciences or Business) advantageous but not essential.
• Qualification involving financial instruments beneficial.
• The successful candidate would have at least two of the following key attributes, demonstrated by suitable experience:
o Strong client servicing experience
o Coding or report writing experience, ideally with logic-based database systems
o Excellent financial market and instrument knowledge
o Compliance reporting product knowledge
• All candidates must have:
o Excellent written and verbal communication
o Strong analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
o PC literacy, especially in Microsoft® Excel
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.