Technology and Business Qualifications:
• College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
• IT experience and related management experience (with or without direct reports in charge)
• Technology acumen: Demonstrates experience in Disaster Recovery, ideally coordinating DR drills or having participated in any of its phases: design, execution, validation/testing; is familiar with diverse Failover/Failback strategies; past experience in Technological roles (e.g.: 3 to 5 years as platform administrator)
• Business acumen: The individual developed his career in large to very-large regional or worldwide companies, in a multi-cultural environment. Banking/Financial Industry background is a plus.
• Solid Data Center services knowledge, needs the ability to interact with a wide variety of supporting groups, ranging from Server Admins, DBAs, Storage, Networking, Middleware Web & App. Servers, among others distributed technologies; 3rd. Party vendors/suppliers management is a plus
• Experience in Production Support / Applications Support, working with complex Platforms and Applications architectures - mission-critical / highly available Applications
• Fully understands the relationship between the Business and the Technology as a whole - has the ability to map concepts such as application feeds, batches, upstream/downstream data flows, and its interlock between diverse applications and architectures (e.g.: Legacy, Web, Cloud)
• Demonstrates expertise in dealing with different stakeholders, from technical savvy individuals, to Senior Mgmt., accommodating the speech or language based on the audience
• Infrastructure skills: Complete understanding of ITIL, in special Change Management, Datacenter Operations and Disaster Recovery - manages the role jargon and concepts, such as RTO, RTC, HA, DR, Failover, etc.
• Applications skills: understands the work dynamic between Development and Production Support teams for maintaining 24 x 7 a business purely sustained by technology - experience or exposure to a DevOps environment is a plus
• Understands the various technological roles behind a Business Platforms: Developers, Operators, Support, Product Owners, App. Owners; interacts with them in a daily basis in a collaborative fashion
• Is capable of interpreting KPIs and Metrics, to proactively act upon by taking corrective actions. E.g.: detects lack of Compliance, deviations to Standard KPIs, incomplete or missing information; assumes that Data Quality and Data Integrity is vital for proper decision making in the event of a disaster
• Taking advantage of their technical skills, is capable of assessing and auditing Recovery Plans, as well as Datacenter Test results looking for poor quality records
• Project Management skills, focused on Scope Management, Schedule Management (Critical Path, Milestones, Deliverables); Reporting (Progress, Status, Charts and Figures); leads the Planning & Execution phases End to End, capturing Lessons Learned, and mitigating Operational and Business Risks
• Fully accountable for the Datacenter testing oversight & control, has the ability to influence others to achieve results and deliver on a timely manner; escalates when all given possibilities are exhausted
• Interacts with peers and Sr. Management of the team, in order to fulfil the different reporting and supporting needs of the area; e.g.: generates and share documentation, develops guides and job aids, adjusts material to keep current and up to date
• Works to deliver within schedules that are strict with unmovable deadlines, iterating throughout the year
• Is able to negotiate, pact and agree against the competing demands for resources in order to deliver the Datacenter testing as forecasted in the Yearly planning
• As a trusted partner to the Organization, acts as source of consultation for the Processes, Procedures, Standards and Tools of the Technology Resiliency group, providing guidelines and advice as a subject matter expert
• Effective and concise presentation skills are a must - maximizes the utilization of all the available communications channels existing in the Company
• Comprehends Standards and Policies, as well as Regulatory requirements; utilize only approved tools and processes provided by the Company to perform the job (e.g.: approved productivity tools, official CMDB and Resiliency system of records)
• Fast-learner, proactively defines his/her training needs, while he/she applies knowledge on the go; has Innovation in mind to improve Processes & Procedure improving the time to delivery by seeking, researching an leveraging the Company assets (Software, Tools, Knowledge)
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.