The FX Trader will work as part of the onshore Malaysia team in Kuala Lumpur. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team. The individual will be responsible for market making in FX Spot and Forward with primary focus on onshore USDMYR spot and forward and must be comfortable quoting large transactions in FX Spot and forward. The seat focuses on the market making to a broad range of investors (money managers, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, corporates). The position requires strong communication and negotiation skills to transact with. The candidate must have a strong understanding of foreign exchange and macroeconomic drivers.
The environment is fast-paced and challenging, so the ability to think and react quickly under pressure is essential.
• Market making in onshore USDMYR spot and forward
• Strategic risk management around client flows and orders.
• Strong client focus and relationship management.
• 3-5 years of Trading experience
• Ability to assess and understand risk around trading positions and market events.
• Someone who thrives on the challenge of competitive pressures and is able to remain focused on client needs
• Maturity and the ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced and open environment
• Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.