J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
We are looking to hire a Research Associate to join our Major and Specialty Pharmaceutical research team covering equities in the Pharmaceutical sector. The Associate's primary responsibilities are but are not limited to:
• Support the senior Pharma analyst by conducting due diligence on the companies involved.
• Responsible for dealing with clients, sales, and trading, as well as preparing research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of clinical trial data, earnings results, and industry news.
• Responsible for conducting physician conference calls and surveys to evaluate recent trends in medical practice.
• Building and maintaining financial models used to forecast sales of therapeutics drugs and earnings growth for the company.
• Attend medical conferences to analyze clinical trial data and conduct market research.
• Occasionally prepare industry reports outlining up to date treatment practice for various medical diseases.
• Create market models using industry statistics and/or IMS prescription data to forecast prescription trends and project company revenues.
• Assist internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news in the Biopharma sector and preparation for industry events pertaining to upcoming clinical trial results and FDA decisions.
The candidate will have 1+ years of experience in a Financial Services Capacity - Investment Banking/M&A/Equity Research preferred.
• The candidate should have 1+ years of experience in Pharma (or a closely related sector) and an understanding of the scientific mechanisms of action of drugs.
• Must have proficient writing skills and be capable of independently producing written product suitable for publication and widespread dissemination.
• 2+ years utilizing Excel for: building/maintaining financial models - advanced level of excel proficiency is expected and required.
• 1+ years experience in company valuation preferably in a research capacity - buy/sell-side
• 1+ year demonstrated writing experience in a professional capacity - i.e.: crafting equity research notes/correspondence; professional editor; journalism; blogging
• At least a BS in a science (biology / biochemistry / chemistry) in addition to a MD / PhD / MBA not required but would be helpful.
• Candidates are expected to be adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure in a sometimes-intense environment, and should also be able to work independently to produce accurate, detailed materials while meeting tight deadlines.
• Preferably passed series exams (7, 63, 86, 87)