As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your love of technology will have a direct impact on the future of the business. As a senior member of a high-performance team, you’ll be immersed in all the elements of Software Development Lifecycles- design, development, integration, operation, support and testing of infrastructure services. You’ll ensure team goals are met and best practices, architectural design standards, data, risk and security management policies are adhered to. You’ll be instrumental in designing, developing and testing code, solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. And as part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community, you’ll also have the ability to collaborate with peers around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Significant experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
Proficiency in at least one of these disciplines:
Experience using large scale software development in one of these languages: (Java, Python, .Net, C++, etc.)
Experience using system and software security and entitlements such as SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD
Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
- Experience in medium to large enterprise or service provider of a distributed platform
- Experience implementing highly automated data driven automation.
- Significant years professional experience working with Puppet Enterprise or equivalent (Ansible, Chef, CFEngine)
- Significant years of experience of Red Hat Linux in a large, mission critical global production enterprise (1000+ servers).
- Experience of one or both of Solaris or AIX
- Strong understanding of Unix Security and LDAP
- Understanding of security best practices for multi-tiered operating systems
- Advanced scripting abilities with Shell and Perl
- Understanding of backup process, system monitoring, performance tuning, disaster recovery, and scripting for Linux, AIX and Solaris based OS
- Understanding of SAN/NAS technologies and configuration management the OS to support SAN/NAS
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and must be able to multi-task and work with minimal guidance
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Oracle clustering and ASM and/or Sybase a plus
- Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved while supporting long-term initiatives with an appropriate sense of urgency
Desired Skills/Product Skills:
- Configuration Management: Puppet Enterprise 4, CFEngine 3, Chef or Ansible
- Operating System: Red Hat Linux 5/6/7, AIX 5/6/7 Solaris 10
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Tivoli and SNMP
- Automated infrastructure orchestration and virtualization management technologies.
- Resource consumption monitoring to support life-cycle management, capacity planning and charge back models.
- Experience with Database tools (Oracle/SQL Server /Sybase)
- Application Performance management tool knowledge
- Working knowledge of enterprise infrastructure such as compute (HP, IBM, Cisco UCS) Storage (XIV, EMC, HDS, NetApp), connectivity (Cisco, Brocade) database clusters (Sybase, MS SQL, Oracle)
The Core Foundation Services team (CFS) is responsible for providing end to end support for critical technologies that are used across the company. This includes Configuration and Orchestration, Identity Management, Name Services, Enterprise Monitoring Solutions, and automation tools used to manage these technologies
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
The objective of GTI is to balance business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.