Global Research - Data Science Technical Product Manager – ED
The Data Science Product Manager will be responsible for leading the execution and delivery of innovative data driven products to Global Research, leveraging big data technologies, data science, machine learning and related capabilities to improve internal and client facing products. The ideal candidate will be able to think about the “big picture” strategy and it’s relation to the industry (strategy) but also have the ability to turn ideas to reality by defining, managing, building and launching of green field projects leveraging big data/data analytics technologies (product management).
From ideation and innovation to end-to-end project management; and from implementation to launch, the product manager is an integral part of the successful delivery of solutions, this may include but is not limited to the following core competencies:
· Turn strategy into reality: innovate in new product development with a big data/data analytics
· Quantitative background: strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, engineering and/or computer science. Translating quantitative models to real products. Ideally have trained machine learning models and familiar with the data science workflow; otherwise at least must have working knowledge of mechanics of modelling.
· Technical/Business acumen: Demonstrate ability to marry technical and business knowledge to drive strategy and product definition. Business experience ideally experience within the Global Research business or Financial Services.
· Communication: Experience with communicating both high level strategy and low level project updates to all levels (c-level to end user; business to technical) stakeholders both verbally and on paper with clarity of thought and logic.
· Delivery: Track record of delivering results and solutions with real measurable impact. Experience with Agile project delivery. Define requirements and define solution leveraging technical teams. Develop project plans and define project purpose, clear roles, tasks, milestones, and measures of success. Define sprint plans and serve as product manager in scrums. Ability to lead projects in a predictable manner from inception to implementation, ensuring documented change controls and tollgates are in place.
· Metrics driven: defining and measuring success at all levels and stages of a product launch. Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing risks / issues, and taking corrective action as necessary.
· Strategy and innovation: proven record with developing greenfield strategy’s with c-level through to analyst level business stakeholders.
· Degree from top tier institutions; PhD (in STEM subject) or MBA preferable
· 8-10 years as a technical strategy consultant and/or product manager at a tech company or consultancy house
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.