The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and the Bank of England, as well as producing financial information for submission to the German regulator.
The production responsibilities within UK Regulatory Reporting are split into two main areas: Capital Reporting, and Financial Reporting.
Capital Reporting Group
The core responsibilities of the Capital Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JPMorgan Securities Plc (JPMS Plc), JP Morgan Europe Limited (JPMEL), JPMorgan Markets Limited (JPMML), JPMorgan International Bank (JPMIB); JPM AG.
- Daily monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the above entities
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of PRA reporting and providing regulatory guidance to the business
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. recovery and resolution, ICAAP)
Financial Reporting Group
The core responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for JP Morgan Europe Limited (JPMEL), JPMorgan International Bank (JPMIB), JPMorgan Securities Plc (JPMS Plc) and JPMorgan Chase Bank London (JPMCB).
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of Bank of England and PRA reporting, and providing regulatory guidance to the business.
The Regulatory function within the UK EMEA space is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy and implementation of modelled approaches to capital.
We are looking for a candidate for a role within the Credit Risk team within the Capital Reporting Group. A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Input into to the production of the quarterly credit risk, CVA and large exposures reporting requirements including a critical review of the following COREP templates: C.7, C.9, C.25 (within COR001) and C.27-C.31 (within COR002)
- Analysis and challenge on regulatory capital drivers and key variances
- Focus on control environment and monitoring / driving process efficiency - including continual challenge of operating model
- Support for the production of credit risk elements within daily monitoring process for both capital solvency and large exposure inputs
- Involvement in projects and policy matters that impact the legal entity and the financial reporting function.
- Provide ad hoc MIS reporting and analytics when required by management.
- Developing network and acting as a contact within the Reg team for other areas of Finance and the Business.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Focussed on execution skills and the ability to deliver results even through challenges
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules (CRD4) and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Good understanding of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
- Knowledge of banking products (deposits, loans, credit facilities).
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.