J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
Asset & Wealth Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
About the Role and project
- IT Lead position responsible for managing a techno-functional team that provides IT design, development, deployment, and support for the Alternatives Real Estate business
- Partner with Real Estate application teams globally, to manage India organization.
- Responsible for delivery of IT solutions with focus on time to market, quality of service, effective IT investment and expense management.
- Participate in all facets of the development cycle for Alternatives Real Estate system as well as their external facing client website. This includes design, analysis, development, coding, testing and documentation.
- Position has responsibility for a team of 8+ senior technology professionals with potential for growth.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Manage a complex & varied stream of project deliverables in terms of quality, timeframe and cost.
- Ensure reliability and stability of applications.
- Build, train and develop, depth and skill of technology staff to improve overall delivery stream and quality of our application portfolio
Experienced lead with good technology skills in the distributed technology space, domain skills in IT organization, business management, talent management and relationship building skills, given extensive interfacing required with IT senior management and cross-function leaders.
The role will work closely with the Global Technology Lead to deliver high quality technology services and projects on time, on scope, and on budget. The selected candidate will also work very closely with the management team across the Alternatives Real Estate Tech group.
Management and Leadership Skills
- Ability to build relationships across the enterprise with Lines of Businesses, Technology, and Business where relevant
- Experience in managing and ramping up teams - commitment to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Experience in working in large global complex matrix organizations
- Must have excellent interpersonal, relationship and negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively manage a complex and demanding book of work that supports a large, revenue-generating line of business
- Experience in dealing with vendor applications and integrating them in the technology landscape
- Excellent partnership & people management practices
- Cost consciousness and understanding of total cost of ownership
- Functional experience in supporting the Investment Management (buy side) business would be a big advantage.
- Knowledge or experience in handling trading and/or portfolio management systems, especially within the Americas
- Experience of implementation / integration of vendor platforms in trading & portfolio systems a big plus
- Expert understanding of distributed technologies, with capability to intervene on a hands-on basis as required
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology environments.
- Analyze potential risks and benefits in using specified solutions to address business requirements.
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document.
- Collaborate with team and come up with solutions for any identified problem by team.
- Must have experience in project management.
- Advanced IT, process improvement and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies would be desirable.
The following technical skills are required:
- Java/J2EE technologies including Cloud (e.g. Core Java, JMS, JTA, JSP, Moneta boot, microservices)
- RESTFul webservices (Spring-MVC or JAX-RS or Apache CXF)
- Strong understanding of HTML/XML, CSS stylesheet
- Extremely hands-on with open source web technologies like Apache, Tomcat, Spring framework like MVC, Core (IOC/DOP), DAO (JDBC template), MyBatis, Hibernate etc.
- Sound knowledge in Cloud Architecture, Micro-services, and building applications for GAIA
- Has exposure to web application using Ajax/JSON.
- MS SQL Server – Prefer experience in writing and debugging stored procedures and scripts
- Familiarity with Source Code management techniques/tools for software management (GIT/Stash/Bitbucket).
- Knowledge of release management, Automated Build and Deployment such as Jenkins and Hudson.
- UNIX shell and shell scripting. Exposure to scheduling Tools such as Autosys/Control-M.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM a plus
- Good exposure with BDD, TDD, Test NG, Junit/Unit Testing tools
Candidate must have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum 12+ years of financial application development experience with 3-5 years of management role.
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills.
- Hands on experience in J2EE technologies and SQL.
- Must have working knowledge of commonly used design patterns.
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of installed applications and successful IT project delivery.
- Must be result oriented and self-starter
- Inclination towards learning and adapting to new frameworks / technologies.