Firm Introduction: J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
About Wealth Management Operations
Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank and Chase Wealth Management.
The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other lines of businesses, project managers, technology support and development teams, as well as others globally within JP Morgan Chase.
Chase Wealth Management encompasses our Chase Private Client (CPC) and Chase Investment Services businesses. Through a dedicated team of a banker and J.P. Morgan Advisor, Chase Private Client brings our affluent clients concierge banking from Chase and access to the investment expertise from J.P. Morgan. Chase Investment Services provides investment solutions to a broad range of Chase customers through Chase Investment Advisors.
About Global Portfolio Implementation
Global Portfolio Implementation (GPI) provides portfolio implementation services for discretionary accounts both internally and at third party institutions focusing on rebalancing and risk management activities. We are located in New York and Columbus and oversee daily management, monitoring, rebalancing and implementation of trading activity across client accounts. The team supports Separately Managed Accounts (SMA), Unified Managed Accounts (UMA) and model delivery products from Asset and Wealth Management. The objective of the team is to implement J.P. Morgan’s best thinking across managed accounts, deliver a consistent client experience, help to manage and reduce risk and provide additional time for the front office to focus on client investment discussions and service. As of February, 2017 we had assets under management of $130 billion.
Trade Coordinators work with the Portfolio Management teams and Trading Desks to implement our investment strategies and changes to model portfolios across client accounts. We are the overlay manager for several Chase Wealth Management UMA investment products.
The applicant should have knowledge of the Managed Accounts industry as well as a strong interest in financial markets.
1. Create trade blocks, manage orders and execute trades across managed account business including the following:
- New account initial investing
- Managing cash and security activity in client accounts
- Liquidating accounts
- Building and coordinating portfolio changes initiated by PM's
- Managing tax harvesting requests
2. Participate in the planning and development of new business processes while working closely with various business partners (technology, operations, sales) to help build business scale and efficiency
3. Relationship management with external sponsor operations and trading desks along with daily support of internal clients (portfolio management, JPM trading desk, business managers)
4. Daily communication and coordination with various teams within managed accounts to research and resolve issues
5. Monitor and evaluate procedures while offering suggestions for enhancements
6. Conduct research and perform account adjustments within Service Level Agreement (SLA)
7. Perform account oversight for model drift and strategy deviation