This role in the CCB Credit Bureau Operations organization will manage large, high impact business and regulatory projects that support or are related to Credit Bureau Reporting and Customer Disputes. This role has significant engagement with numerous stakeholders across multiple Lines of Business, including but not limited to Home Lending, Credit Card Services, Auto Finance, Student Lending Ops, Consumer Banking, and Business Banking, as well as the CCB wide Centers of Excellence. The role requires regular interaction with multiple control and support areas including Legal, Compliance, Oversight & Controls, Risk, and IT.
The projects managed by this role will be complex, cross functional projects with significant regulatory impact. The projects have intense oversight from internal control groups and many initiatives will have visibility by our external Regulators. Because of the level of leadership this position interacts with, a high degree of maturity and professionalism is required. A majority of this individual’s time will be spent on planning, project work and relationship management. Excellent communication skills are required because this position routinely interacts with employees at all levels of management in CCB. Fast and reliable decision making skills are critical in order to keep pace with the changing environment and priorities. An understanding of how to create effective and efficient project structures, how to work within structured decision making constructs, knowing when to challenge topics, issues and decisions are skill that will ensure success. The ability to build relationships in a collaborative environment is critical – every decision and deliverable is interlinked to other areas not directly within this positions direct line of influence. This position may or may not manage employees.
· Manage tactical project execution on large complex programs containing multiple, interrelated tracks of work on behalf of Credit Bureau Operations.
· Develop and maintain strong project plans.
· Deliver project artifacts that support the phases of a well managed program including Planning, Risk & Issue
· Management, Budget, Resources, Tracking & Reporting, Communication and Stakeholder Management.
· Escalate risks, issues and concerns with a sense of urgency to the right stakeholders at the right time.
· Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to manage project requirements/content, communicate project progress, risks, and issues.
· Ensure projects are completed in accordance with all Risk, IT and other relevant firm wide guidelines.
· Program/Project Management
o Ability to prioritize among multiple initiatives, including the ability to obtain buy in or obtain management direction in a timely manner when needed.
o Ability to work with the business experts to evaluate the needs of each Line of Business and tailor implementation plans to each based on their maturity, framework, and timeline requirements.
o Provides oversight and governance on the implementation of initiatives.
o Challenges significant scope changes to ensure agreement.
o Leverages tools and methodologies to drive implementation consistently across the Lines of Business.
o Ability to continuously challenge and drive improvements in the Credit Bureau Ops space.
o Ability to act in a calm, organized and energetic manner in an ambiguous, dynamic environment where there may be shifting priorities and demands with changing timelines and deadlines.
o Ability to influence resources not directly within the line of this position’s authority.
o Ability to work in an extremely diverse environment, both geographically and functionally.
o Ability to break down organizational barriers.
o Ability to calmly diffuse tense situations and settle conflicts equitably.
o Ability to think strategically in order to implement initiatives consistently and effectively across multiple Lines of Business.
o Ability to make solid decisions in a timely manner under pressure and know when to escalate decisions that require higher authority.
o Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization, including the ability to flex personal communication styles between audiences with different levels of attention and types of focus.
o Ability to clearly articulate the value statement of the initiatives.
o Ability to communicate complex issues and concepts in a clear, concise manner using meaningful words and pictures.Ability to write clear and concise communication in emails, documentation and procedures.
· Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in process improvement, project management, change management, or related job experience in Operations or Control job functions.
· Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of relevant work experience required.
· Strong analytical and decision making skills required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
· Candidate must be articulate, detail oriented, and able to work independently.
· Candidate should possess a proactive approach toward problem solving.
· Previous Project Management experience is required.
· Position requires strong computer skills including proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office applications.
· Good interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, and ability to influence are required.
· Strong partnership and team building skills are required.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.