EMEA Compliance Control Office - Compliance Manager, Vice President
Hiring Manager: Jonathan Stokes
JP Morgan Chase:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Compliance Function:
With a diverse team of Compliance professionals supporting all areas of our business around the globe, the team is working diligently to be innovative and present all business partners with thoughtful and unique solutions to the challenges they face. The Compliance function has a robust set of priorities in place focused on best practice and employee development to ensure goals are delivered.
The Compliance Manager, Vice President reports to the Compliance Control Officer, Executive Director, and has line management responsibility for other members of the regional Compliance Control Office (Compliance Oversight and Control team).
The team’s primary function is to implement an effective control framework across the EMEA Compliance function. The team works in partnership with the broader Compliance organisation on identification of key operational risks and the development of new, and oversight of existing controls in place to mitigate operational risk.
The Compliance Manager, Vice President will work to develop, implement, validate and maintain an effective compliance control framework that encompasses:
- Execution of the Compliance Risk & Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”),
- Oversight and enhancement of compliance controls,
- Issue Management,
- Audit/Regulatory Review Management, and
- Co-ordination and delivery of the Compliance Office of Legal Obligations (“OLO”) programme requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
· RCSA: Lead the delivery and execution of the EMEA Compliance RCSA, including development of the RCSA plan through determination of in-scope processes; risk and control identification and evaluation; issue and action plan determination; residual risk review and reporting results to the Chief Compliance Officer, Regional and Location Compliance as well as Global Compliance Management. Liaise with global counterparts to ensure a consistent approach to the RCSA.
· Issue management and resolution: Management of the Compliance-owned Issues & Action Plan process including compilation and analysis of control issues; review action plans for relevance and quality; actively track status of action plans coming due, effective review and challenge of action and issue closure and escalate concerns as needed. Oversight of Regulatory Issues, including review and approval of regulatory responses including specific actions agreed, action plan dates and ownership. Review and challenge of completion of all regulatory issues owned by Compliance/business.
· Audit exam management: Support the Compliance function with engagement and liaison with Internal Audit, including review of Audit referrals, development and agreement of Compliance-owned action plans, issue tracking and resolution; compilation of presentations to facilitate credible challenge process with respect to actions taken to address Audit-identified issues.
Controls Metrics & Reporting: Preparation for the regional and global Compliance Control Committee (CCC) meetings and participate in other appropriate management committees/forums in conjunction with other control disciplines.
Office of Legal Obligations: Identify legal obligations’ impact on the Compliance function. Partner with colleagues inside and outside of the Compliance function to identify/map procedures and assess their sufficiency.
Assist with the execution of firmwide control initiatives for the Compliance function.
Ad hoc Control Projects impacting on the EMEA Compliance team.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Significant previous experience of and strong background in financial services Compliance, Risk, Audit or other control function.
Excellent attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work. Project Management experience preferred.
Proven track record of implementing, executing and overseeing accurate and timely reporting to ensure good governance, including a high level of Microsoft Excel proficiency.
Strong interpersonal, influencing and oral/written communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business/Compliance management globally.
Ability to co-ordinate issues, findings and practices with colleagues across regions and/or divisions.
Good team player - one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment. Previous line management experience preferred.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer