JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment & Corporate Banking; Financial Services for Consumers, Small Business and Commercial Banking; Financial Transaction Processing; Asset Management and Private Equity.
Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) is creating a new team within CIB’s Wholesale Client On-boarding (WCOB) organization. WCOB is responsible for supporting and leading aspects of the firm's Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) programs. This new team, CIB Alert Dispositioning Team (ADT) will be responsible for managing the Negative Media and PEPs alerts generated by Client List Screening and ensuring they are properly reviewed, assessed and dispositioned. The team will work closely with Corporate & Investment Bank business units, the AML Program Management Office, Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) and the enterprise-wide control program teams to identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are made.
This team is critical in the successful execution of the firm's KYC strategy. Due to engagement with regional stakeholders the new Disposition Unit teams will be located in Bournemouth, Brooklyn and Singapore and cover a number of screening functions currently residing in other locations.
Working as part of a global team of 8-10 screening officers world-wide, this role will be responsible for developing specific workflows, processes and metrics for the team. This role will be the primary architect of the teams tracking tools, metrics and analytics. The individual in this role will need to design workflows for how we manage the alerts, control the status of the alerts, measure the team’s productivity, etc.
The role requires independent and sound decision making, in addition to strong relationship management due to regular engagement with Front Office senior personnel and KYC Owners.
- Document detailed workflows and document procedures
- Design metrics and tracking reports, utilizing ADT data as well as CLS data
- Design SharePoint sites to store data and manage workflow
- Simply the AML Escalations Processes, and eliminate unnecessary or redundant steps
- Support enhancement work to ASR and other CLS alert management tools
- Design and document Third Party Screening Processes, develop metrics and analytics to support work
- Assist the ADT team with other process improvement and data analytic needs
- banking/financial experience in a compliance function
- Strong technical and data management skills
- Strong SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of AML/OFAC/KYC highly desirable
- Excellent analytical and research skills, detail oriented. Self-motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately under pressure
- Able to make sound decisions quickly and articulate the rationale of decisions made
- Experienced and successful assessor of risk
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a high volume environment meeting daily targets and SLAs