JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
The Global Technology Infrastructure Core Foundation Services team (GTI CFS) is responsible for providing end to end support for critical technologies that are used across the company. This includes Configuration and Orchestration, Identity Management, Name Services, Enterprise Monitoring Solutions, and automation tools used to manage these technologies.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your love of technology will have a direct impact on the future of the business. As a senior member of a high-performance team, you’ll be immersed in all the elements of Software Development Lifecycles- design, development, integration, operation, support and testing of infrastructure services. You’ll ensure team goals are met and best practices, architectural design standards, data, risk and security management policies are adhered to. You’ll be instrumental in designing, developing and testing code, solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. And as part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community, you’ll also have the ability to collaborate with peers around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Significant experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
- Proficiency in at least one of these disciplines:
- Internals of distributed Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows, Z/OS)
- Systems programming
- Network programming
- Experience using large scale software development in one of these languages: (Java, Python, .Net, C++, etc.), ideally Python.
- Experience using system and software security and entitlements such as SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD
- Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
- Configuration Management
- No manual tasks, full automation of all infrastructure components
- Operational and Production Support
- Deep understanding of operating systems, web, middleware, and networking
- Understanding of how to build a highly resilient application
As part of the Configuration Management and Automation Services (CMAS) team you will help deliver the next generation of automation frameworks to be adopted by all technology teams that transforms how JP Morgan Chase approaches resiliency, operational efficiencies, and adoption of modern DevOps practices.
In the role of Infrastructure Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Automating the configuration and management of Unix and Windows platforms
- Developing solutions to patch and manage the hygiene of over 140,000 servers
- Automating the build provisioning process
- Developing solutions to automate a full application failover with no human involvement
- Identifying operational inefficiencies and creating automated solutions to reduce manual work
- Analyzing, designing, and writing applications
- Developing tests and test-automation
- Collaborate cross functionality with infrastructure developers, support teams, and other software engineering teams
- Working with a team of software engineers and infrastructure developers to deliver automation frameworks that will be adopted by all technologists
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements
Hands-on experience with strong understanding of infrastructure (operating systems, web, middleware, and networking)
Background in an engineering or support role to manage infrastructure
Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Computer Science or similar degree with experience in the following software/tools:
Infrastructure automation technologies: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
Declarative Programming languages: YML, Ruby, etc.
Scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell, etc.
Build automation technologies: Maven, Jenkins, etc.
Monitoring technologies: Nagios, Tivoli, SCOM, etc.
Use of APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.