J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; Highbridge Capital Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture and enterprise data solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development. We are responsible for the design, build out, and implementation of core data golden sources in Asset Management; aligning business priorities with technology solutions; providing high quality, reliable data, with clear definitions and ownership, and enabling timely responses to business and regulatory requests with lower cost and higher efficiency.
A seasoned agile engineer and technology leader with 2+ years of experience is required to be a key part of the team developing and supporting the Market Data platform in CCA. You will partner closely with the Scrum Master and Product Owner to drive the technical direction of the platform in addition to being a hands-on member of the team.
Your duties will include development of an enterprise Java web application. Utilize Agile methodology and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation. Actively contribute to software and architecture design that address business needs within mature technology environments. Design, develop, code, test, debug and document to adhere to business requirements and security standards. Review design and functional specification prepared by other team members. Collaborate with team and propose solutions for any identified problem by team. Handle deployment operations for all environments. Adhere to code quality standards across the firm, LOB, and organization. Application support for all environments. Collaborate with operate team to deploy applications to production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria, release standards, and ensure application and system stability. Collaborate with business and teams across Asset Management.
Your default practice includes:
- Using SCRUM or a related agile discipline
- Focus on working with your end users to deliver business value early
- Iterative and incremental delivery
- Emergent design and architecture
- Expertise in Test Driven Development/ Behavior Driven Development
- Continuous integration, build and automated deployment
- Refactoring and clean code
- Code reviews and mentoring
Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Minimum experience required: 2+ years of experience in Application Development, or related experience.
You have demonstrated experience with:
User research, User Centered design process including conceptual design (sketches and wire framing), rigorous evaluation methods (heuristic inspection and usability testing).
Architecting and designing service oriented solutions using RESTful web services and experience with service-oriented architectures.
Application frameworks including Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate.
Understanding of developing performant applications using relational databases including Oracle and HSQLDB, utilizing SQL query plan analysis/tuning, locking analysis and tuning.
Deploying J2EE applications with application servers including Tomcat.
Code coverage review tools including Crucible and Fisheye and code quality tools including Sonar and PMD.
Leading ‘proof-of-concept’ work involving both Java J2EE technologies, along with web based technologies including AngularJS & HTML5.
Knowledge of NoSql technologies (e.g. Hbase, Cassandra, Hadoop) desired, but not required.
You have a track record:
- Thinking creatively and solving problems simply, not always through technology
- Working with people of differing skill sets driving a cross-functional global team
- Communicating with and tailoring your message to a range of audiences in both verbal and non-verbal forums
- Managing a diverse set of competing stakeholder requirements
- Being a self-starter, able to take initiative and drive a program independently
- Building real and lasting relationships with your team and extended partners
- Sharing knowledge and learning from others
- Adapting to change and working through ambiguity