UNIX (Linux/AIX) System Administrator
GTI Service Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) Global
Technology Infrastructure. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, SO provides global,
coordinated diagnostic and support services, while its Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute
industry leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and
In the role UNIX (Linux) SA for the GSO Business Aligned Change organization, you will provide expertise in supporting
technical solutions for infrastructure change of varying size and complexity based on Red Hat Linux as well as AIX and
other UNIX platforms. You will use your deep technical skills to support a fast-paced customer base to ensure smooth
and successful execution of change in complex environments. An understanding of all aspects of system change for all
operating systems will be essential. In this position, you will be responsible to:
- Work with application partners and infrastructure peers, participating in all aspects of the change process including:
execution, workflow management, escalation, and planning.
- Change execution during weekend shift which is where the highest volume of complex and time sensitive production
change is executed.
- Participate in MEPC events ensuring planning, prechecks, and execution are addressed leading to successful events.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery events ensuring planning, prechecks, and execution are addressed leading to
****Shift is for Tue-Sat
7+ years experience supporting AIX POWER (6.x, 7.x) and RedHat Enterprise Linux servers (5.x, 6.x) in a large
- System partitioning and virtualization utilizing IBM AIX POWER LPAR/DLPAR technology and Virtual IO Server/
Micropartioning (pSeries), as well as Redhat Linux VM (HP servers).
- 7+ years experience supporting highly reliable/recoverable UNIX-based solutions that address specific business needs
- Thorough understanding of storage related technologies from a server perspective; working with provisioned SAN, NAS,
external/remote storage media, etc.
- Storage networking utilization - e.g. installing HBAs & drivers, configuring LUNs and volume managers (LVM on AIX or
- Solid experience with clustering, load balancing and high availability solutions (HACMP, GPFS, etc.
- Implementation experience and familiarity with UNIX security models and Role-Based-Security Access.
- Experience in supporting disaster recovery solutions.
- Solid understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS
- Thorough understanding of web and FTP services
- Proficiency in Python, PERL, Shell Scripting and macro’s
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and nontechnical
audiences that include peers, partners, AD partners, senior management, and customers
- Strong documentation skills with experience designing system design diagrams, application flow diagrams, and other
related technical documentation.
- Leadership abilities: ability to drive discussions with client, provides leadership for UNIX team members, and explains
complex issues to AD partners and senior management.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to remain focused on critical deliverables while remaining aware of simultaneous communications and
- Professional customer-focused attitude at all times, even during situations of disagreement.
- Understanding of and experience with change management concepts, processes, and tools.