About JPMorgan Chase Technology
Our $9 billion annual spend on technology gives us a competitive edge. You'll not only collaborate to develop solutions that improve the financial lives of millions, but also help to increase the velocity to market for our products and services.
As a member of the Asset and Wealth Management Advisor & Investments Technology Service Delivery team, the individual must demonstrate the following:
· Strong Technical background
· Experience working within a service delivery function (support or development previous experience)
· Experience handling multiple requests and queries at the same time
· Communication skills, analytical skills and influencing skills
· Attention to detail, high level of accuracy
· Fluent in English
· Team player and leadership skills
· Use of good judgement – customer orientation
The position summary:
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for facilitating the transformation of the Asset & Wealth Management Advisor & Investments Technology group through DevOps modernization. The candidate will be responsible for identifying best practices, and spread across the group – as well as to drive implementation and transition (releases, configuration, automation, streamline operations).
The role requires strong technical skills, accuracy and attention to detail, an awareness of potential risks, critical timing involved and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to help automate and streamline our operations and processes, to deploy and operate our systems. It includes build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
· Define and improve processes to bridge the gap between the current and desired quality levels by balancing short-term needs with long-term perspectives of DevOps modernization maturity success.
· Coordinate with multiple globally distributed teams to implement the Asset and Wealth Management Advisor & Investments Technology Development Modernization model which strives for continuous delivery capabilities and to deliver rapid, repeatable, reliable, automated, audited approaches for building, testing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining software.
· Work closely with the development teams to resolve all issues as they proceed through the software release life cycle.
· Apply the release packages on test and production servers.
· Research new tools, technologies, identify and implement solutions and best practices as a standard across the organisation.
Successful experience in a support and/or development role is required. Experience in a release management role, particularly in a banking environment is key but not required. Good oral and written communication skills are absolutely necessary. The person must follow a pragmatic approach, be accurate and be able to handle pressure. The individual must be self-driven/motivated and capable of working with a great level of autonomy.
Technical competencies and skills:
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.