UK Regulatory Finance – Vice President, EMEA Capital Management
LOB: Corporate & Investment Bank
Department: Finance & Business Management – EMEA Capital Management & Prudential Policy Team
Location: London, UK
Objectives/ Deliverables for this role
This is a key role in the EMEA Capital Management team, which produces critical deliverables for EMEA senior management and UK regulators, including UK entities’ capital projections, Individual Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), capital aspects of Recovery & Resolution, as well as owning the EMEA ICAAP framework and standards, and having oversight of non-UK capital management and ICAAP.
This role will focus specifically on the larger entities in the region outside of the UK, working on capital forecasting and management, ICAAP and related activities (such as capital stress testing). Initially the work will have a significant ‘project’ component, supporting planning and preparation for Brexit-related changes, but will over time become established as a business-as-usual role.
By way of context, the broader EMEA Capital Management & Prudential Policy Team, within JPM’s Finance function, helps to ensure that the Firm complies with its prudential regulatory obligations, through:
production of regulatory deliverables for which the team is directly responsible to a high standard of accuracy, with appropriate, clear messaging, meeting regulatory requirements and expectations;
provision of timely, accurate and relevant advice to senior management and other teams within Finance and the wider Firm, to enable them to meet their regulatory obligations and better manage the business within regulatory constraints;
ensuring that our regulated entities operate efficiently with adequate capital to meet regulatory requirements and appropriately cover the risks they face, now and in the foreseeable future;
early identification of, accurate analysis of and influence on changes to the capital framework.
Skills – Essential
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for own work, producing reliable, high-quality outputs to an agreed timeline. Good task management skills and ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyse, manipulate and present data, focusing on material outcomes and producing coherent outputs. Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly, with the written and oral presentation skills to deliver clear messages for a senior audience and external parties.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex rules frameworks.
- Collaborative approach to working within a team and coordinating with other teams in Finance, Risk, Treasury and the business lines.
- Understanding of basic capital and accounting concepts.
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft office tools.
Working knowledge of the current EU/international prudential regime, including Basel, CRD / CRR, and the Pillar 2 / ICAAP framework.
Experience of capital calculations and planning.
Knowledge of the investment banking industry, products and business lines.