J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. Wealth Management is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements. This is a great opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practices within JP Morgan and the industry.
The Quality Control Team Lead is responsible for managing multiple Quality Control Officers whose primary function is to test KYC Records and synthesize results/key themes to facilitate the completion of KYC records that are compliant with regulatory standards, accurately access customer risk and submitted in accordance to the established SLA’s. The Team Lead is accountable to ensure overall SLA’s are met and escalating any issues appropriately and timely. The Team Lead will be required to partner closely with key internal onboarding and business partners to ensure effective communication of changes to the team and the team is executing properly. The Team Lead is also responsible for building relationships with our Onboarding, QA and Risk and Control partners. Team Leads are expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements to ensure Quality Control Officers are performing as expected. The candidate will have strong analytical skills and communication skills (verbal and written) as well as a strong sense of urgency and desire to drive tasks to completion. The candidate will need to work effectively in a team environment and must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technological environment. They must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and have strong organizational skills that enable them to prioritize their work accordingly. Successful candidates will understand when escalation is required and have confidence to reach out for assistance to ensure client satisfaction.
• Act as a subject matter expert on AML/KYC matters.
A strong sense of ownership, responsibility and sense of urgency
• Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
• Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
• Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently with competing deadline
• Build relationships and work closely with key stakeholders, Legal, Compliance, Business Management, Product & Platform and Technology on fulfilling responsibilities of the Client Onboarding & Account Opening Teams
• Ownership and proactive management of policies and procedures; Develop new or amend existing policies, guidelines, and desktop procedures with the Client Onboarding and Quality Control teams and drive global consistency as they are implemented to meet new and enhanced standards.
• Identify gaps in policies and processes and liaise as necessary with other business units and stakeholders to escalate issues for resolution.
• Ownership and proactive management of the various risks facing Client Onboarding & Account Opening.
• Perform root cause analysis and work with appropriate groups to recommend controls and solutions when researching risk events, operational processes, and new regulatory initiatives.
• Establish quality metrics and results to identify recurring control issues and track trends. Proactively assess areas for process improvement and make/propose changes as needed.
• Create and support various management reporting tools.
• Facilitate meetings, prepare documentation, and meeting minutes, as necessary
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Promotes a positive, inclusive and diverse work environment
Required Skills and Qualification(s):
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
• 10+ years of experience within financial services, operations, and audit/compliance field preferred
• Experience in AML / KYC and/or Account Opening highly preferred
• Client Onboarding, Underwriting and/or documentation analysis experience preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
• Ability to get up to speed quickly with new or unfamiliar subject matter
• Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups
• Independent, self-motivated, with an ability to adapt and be flexible in a team environment
• Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
• Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
• Strong risk and controls awareness
• Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
• Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
• Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
• Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization with a positive “can do” attitude
• Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines in order to meet production goals
Ability to work late and/or weekends to meet production SLA’s as required
• In-depth knowledge of risk management techniques from both a detection and mitigation perspective
• Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional ways of managing the business and driving change to improve processes
• Must possess excellent analytical skills, in addition to strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization.
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership over "quality" and best practices around the quality, risk and controls process.
• Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment to effectively meet deadlines; ability to recognize the need to escalate issues for rapid resolution