EMEA Compliance - Financial Crimes Compliance - AML Investigations & List Screening Program Manager – Vice President – Bournemouth
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (“GFCC”) Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) Investigations Team List Screening Program Execution Team covers both global and business-aligned functions supporting the firm's AML, Sanctions and Anti-Corruption programs. This team works in partnership with the Data Management, Coverage Strategy and Global Compliance Technology teams.
Reporting to the EMEA Lead of the Global Program team, the position will review, engage and oversee the team’s implementation of future programs on the strategic AML Investigations and list screening agenda. In addition to providing partnership with Compliance this will include engagement and interaction with Corporate Compliance Technology, GFCC Legal, SAR Governance and Money Laundering Reporting Officers (MLRO’s). The team also leads the Global Robotics and Machine Learning agenda for AML and List Screening and provides Global Co-ordination for Robotics for Compliance. The role also encompasses regional location strategy and local production management support for both EMEA AML Investigations and List Screening.
Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) Investigations Team is responsible for identification, investigation and reporting of suspicious transactions. The team investigates AML alerts and cases for Europe, Middle East & Africa (“EMEA”) booked business to support decision making in regard of filing Suspicious Activity Reports to law enforcement.
- Engagement in the Robotics and Machine Learning agenda across Compliance. Provide leadership and guidance to teams in deployment of BOTs and innovative solutions to automate repeatable steps and rules based decision trees.
- Successfully manage multiple strategic and tactical projects with varying timelines simultaneously from design to implementation
- Production of management information, scorecards and reports covering a range of subjects, meeting required deadlines
- Engagement in strategic projects providing guidance to business regarding corporate policies, risk, location strategy and control management. Opine on and influence changes in the operating model and supporting Technology.
- Collaboration with regional and global functions rolling up to the Global Head of AML Investigations and List screening, ensure definition and application of country and regional location strategy
- Collaboration with GFCC, Legal and to assess the impact of regulatory changes such as Brexit, 4AMLD and GDPR on the regional operating model in conjunction with GFCC Practices and local MLROs.
- Previous experience across Line of Business as an Operations or Compliance manager at Vice President level.
- The ability to support, engage and interact with remote teams
- The experience of communicating on a daily basis with senior executives within Compliance as well as other JPM functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate, compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations and to interact effectively with senior management
- Proven ability to work in a matrixes environment, provide oversight, and directly influence change
- Ability to collaborate with business and functional experts to provide guidance, recognize risks and design enhancements
- Strong decision making, analytical and creative thinking skills
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Proven ability to build partnerships and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple, simultaneous, complex priorities
- Ability to work independently to produce and present concise, accurate and timely communications; strong presentation skills essential
- Prior AML/CTF experience preferred
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.