As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
This is a Performance Engineer role in GSTAR Performance Engineering team within Corporate Technology. Performance Engineer role is primarily responsible for executing end to end performance testing projects with planning, developing, executing, analysis and troubleshooting application performance related matters. The role requires expert level knowledge and strong dedication in providing performance engineering services. Performance engineer closely works with the PE lead and AD team members to identify critical areas of scope, define work load models, create test strategy and plan and build performance test scripts and scenarios, execute tests. Analyse results, server logs and other performance testing data, and document all findings. Closely work with AD teams and support engineers to resolve all performance issues while coordinating end-to-end performance testing.
- 5+ years of proven, strong experience with performance testing, HP LoadRunner and JMeter testing tools, writing test plans, and reviewing non-functional test cases
- Experience in gathering non-functional testing requirements such as use cases, load model, etc.
- Experience in analyzing application under testing to identify stress, failure and contention points, and specifying monitoring needs for testing
- Experience in determining what needs to be tested and why, and creating test strategy and plan to implement
- Experience in analyzing and understanding non-functional test results, and identify problem areas
- Capable of executing adaptive tests based upon intermediate findings to help trouble shoot and isolate non-functionality issues
- Expertise in creating detailed test cases/scripts for technical and/or business client
- Experience in creating performance testing and technical documentation
- Knowledge of testing methodology, automated test/load tools (i.e. HP LoadRunner, JMeter).
- At least 5 years of experience in performance testing, advanced level expected
- Advanced experience in at least one performance monitoring and diagnostic tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics or WILY.
- Advanced experience in writing LoadRunner scripts (with extensive custom coding), know inside out at least HTTP web protocol
- Capable of performance testing from end to end independently, including non-functional requirement gathering, test planning, scripting, execution, analysis and reporting
- Experience analyzing application architecture and recommending appropriate monitoring solutions
- Experience working in DevOps and Agile environments is a plus
- Development experience with any programming languages is a plus.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.