Java / Big Data Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers and gather requirements for new business groups and design software solutions for those groups. Build complex real-time solutions with a solid understanding of the various financial and technical products and of the group’s business model.
You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to creating and improving technical design, implementation plan, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products.
Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile Methodology- is key. Best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in software development as a developer role. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design principles.
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages including Java and Oracle.
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, requirements, technical analysis, technical design, development, maintenance and software improvement
• Demonstrated and strong experience in a software engineering role, including the design, development and operation of distributed, complex real-time, fault-tolerant applications with particular attention to security, scalability, performance, availability and optimization
• Desire to build high quality applications by creating a well-designed architecture; writing clean code; creating reusable components and strategic frameworks across multiple lines of business using latest technologies ; and implementing common industry practices such as continuous integration and significant unit test code coverage
• Significant experience with Java/J2EE, multithreading, Collections, Spring, Spring-Boot, JUnit, Log4j, Jenkins, Maven, Build Scripts, REST APIs, SQL, and NoSQL
• Experience with messaging applications like MQ, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Tibco EMS is a plus.
• Experience with distributed caching like Gemfire, Elastic Search/Solr is a plus.
• Experience with banking and financial industry a plus.
• Experience in analyzing business requirements from technical and functional perspective, evaluating open source frameworks and vendor products a plus.
• Experience in working with support teams to support business users, system accessibility issue, support existing workflows, develop new ones, resolve production issues, provide solutions to issues, enhance application features, suggest tactical workarounds, and conduct demos and training session a plus
• Experience in building Big-Data platform for Ingestion, Consumption and Reporting.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.