J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/.
This position is for an experienced Microsoft SQL Server database administrator (DBA). The candidate must have the ability to configure and maintain large, complex databases with replication and high-availability on the most current MSSQL versions. The candidate must also have the ability to translate logical to physical designs, develop comprehensive DB architectures, implementation and upgrade plans, and assist in defining database standards, policies, and procedures.
This position will be responsible to resolve all database related issues and work closely with the Application Support, Development and Project Management teams. The successful candidate will be able to diagnose and complex technical and procedural database issues, and then deploy solutions at scale across a large portfolio of MSSQL instances.
• Support production systems as part of a 24/7 follow-the-sun support team
• Deliver high quality solutions to incidents that involve full diagnosis, understanding of root cause and quality implementation of fixes
• Working with the Development teams – Design & Code Reviews, SQL support, Change Request validation
• MSSQL Performance Analysis & Tuning, including maintenance of monitoring scripts and reporting their results
• Work with other team members, Database Administrators and Application Support teams to drive improvement in the processes and tools used
• Upgrades of existing deployments to the latest MSSQL versions
• Writing Tools and Utilities to eliminate repeatable manual processes
• Significant experience supporting MS SQL Server environments.
• Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014 )
• Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
• Good understanding of SSRS, SSIS & SSAS
• In-depth Transact-SQL & Stored Procedure Development
• Good understanding of Powershell Scripting.
• Query/Index Performance Tuning
• Physical Data Modelling
• Windows NT/XP, and Office products (Word, Excel, Notes)
• Good communication skills
• Database Release Management techniques