As a member of our Infrastructure Development team, you’ll immediately put your love of technology into action. Each day, you and your team will be responsible for making sure our platforms, servers and networks are online and secure. You’ll work together, evaluating, selecting, implementing, integrating, maintaining, upgrading, documenting and designing our infrastructure. You’ll find new and creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communication is key, both in problem solving with your supervisors and collaborating with your coworkers, as well as other teams in the network.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is a worldwide organization charged with delivering a wide range of products and services – end user, compute, data, transport, instrumentation and facilities – partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
JPMorgan Chase's Core Foundation Services (CFS) group, within Global Technology Infrastructure, designs and delivers critical and foundational platform solutions for all technology infrastructure systems across all lines of business. This includes the engineering design and delivery of platforms for Directory Services, Authentication and Privilege Management, Configuration Management, IPAM, Orchestration, Reference data, and more.
The CFS team is seeking a Java developer with hands on experience in big data technology, to develop solutions that focus on automation, security, and manageability. The individual filling the role will be part of a team responsible for the design and implementation of platform services utilizing modern infrastructure architecture and techniques. Candidate will work with various cross-functional teams to implement solutions, and must be able to work in a global team setting and adapt to dynamic requirements.
- Design and implement enterprise grade solutions for critical data management, including ingestion, transformation, curation, and presentation. This includes integration with external modules/components that comprises the entire technology infrastructure ecosystems
- Identify and select technology solutions from multiple competing options, perform evaluations and proof-of-concepts, and finally make recommendations to management
- Ensure quality of deliverables, adhering to standards in areas of code quality, secure coding, test coverage, monitoring, logging, exception management, operability, and maintainability
- Thrive in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills. Collaborate and build relationships with other development teams, operate and operations partners, and business clients
- Establish, and regularly update, multi-phase delivery roadmap
- 5+ years of hands-on full development lifecycle experience from inception through implementation.
- Extensive experience designing and developing large scale, mission critical enterprise grade software.
- Comprehensive understanding of software architecture, object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Minimum 5+ year in Core Java with Spring experience, preferably Java 7 and above. Other programming languages (Python) a plus.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience in highly scalable REST/web service, caching servers, SOAP, HTTPS.
- Minimum 2+ year experience with messaging (JMS/Kafka/MQ) based integration and microservices.
- Minimum 2+ year experience with big data/NoSQL (Hive/Hbase/Solr/Spark/Cassandra/elasticsearch).
- Minimum 3+ year experience working in Linux, Unix and/or Windows environment
- Agile SDLC expert with strong focus on unit testing, functional testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, DevOps, distributed version control system, and agile methodologies.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Technology infrastructure stacks expertise a PLUS: Linux, TCP/IP, DNS, virtualization
- Experience in middleware platforms and software-defined infrastructure technology a plus. (database, web, messaging)
- Proven ability in developing relationships with stakeholders, communicating project/program status, and understanding detailed business requirements across multiple project initiatives
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.