JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of
$2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial
services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction
processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average,
JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the
world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan
and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology
support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate
Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the
Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). The RQD (Risk Quantitative Development) IT Organization has responsibility for implementation of Retail financial models in credit, collections, fraud, and regulatory reporting, as well as providing firm-wide model governance systems, and analytical environments for business analysts and model developers.
RQD Risk Quant SAS Developer will be a hands-on technical member of the Risk AD SAS Programming team. The candidate will be responsible for the development and support the transfer of Software Development Lifecycle (SLDC) for Risk and Fraud applications into the technology organization. The candidate will need to foster a disciple for the design, development and agile execution of analytic applications in support of various Risk and Fraud business processes. The candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of application design, agile development SDLC, data structures, data manipulation, distributed processing and automation. The candidate must have a solid understanding of risk and fraud products, data systems, data environments and processes that are necessary for the design and implementation of quantitative analytic solutions.
RQD Risk Quant SAS Developer will design and develop robust automated solutions in partnership with stakeholders in Risk, Fraud and other banking business groups. This individual must help the customer clarify their needs and then create solutions that meet and/or exceed customer expectations. The ideal candidate will possess strong hands-on technical, leadership skills and an understanding of data systems, and must take full ownership of the design and execution of the end-to-end agile implementation. The individual must be able to deliver in fully conforming to the firms IT control policies and standards in execution.
- 10+ years of relevant development life cycle experience in systems and applications development including systems/application design
- 8-10 years of experience designing and developing in SAS on unix based platforms.
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Additional experience desired on multiple software domains including Java. .Net, C++, R, Python, etc as well as multiple other technologies, design techniques and experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems / infrastructures.
- Experience with version control tools and processes (Git Bit bucket etc.)
- Working experience with agile development processes
- Experience in full-lifecycle project management methodologies and tools including iterative development models
- Process analysis and process improvement
- Contribute to the group’s knowledge base by finding new and valuable ways to approach problems and projects
- Perform duties in line with all IT policies and controls of the firm.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or specialized training, equivalent work experience.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
- 10+ year’s proficiency in SAS programming language and application development.
- Exceptional application development agile skills and methodology experience.
- 5-8 years experience designing and developing applications on UNIX, Microsoft and Linux based platforms.
- 5-8 years experience with Unix shell scripting
- 5-8 years experience with SQL
- Experience preferred performing Level 3 AD incident management and break-fix support (diagnostics and recovery)
- Cloud experience is highly desirable.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills along with strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Successful achievement in a team environment
- Deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Previous experience working in large financial organizations is preferred.
Desirable skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Experience with version control & build automation tools and processes (Git/Bitbucket, black duck, Jules/Jenkins etc.)
- Programming experience in additional languages, especially C++, Python, R.
- Knowledge of the consumer lending lifecycle, including loan origination, sale/servicing, default management/loss mitigation