J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23.5 trillion of assets under custody and ranked #1 for Global Investment Banking fees, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Global Data Management team is a dedicated team focused on supporting strategic and tactical improvements as it relates to the Data Quality issues in securities operations. The group provides a unique mix of project and business analyst skills with product/operations experience enabling the team to provide a consistent, high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage data quality issues reported throughout securities operations.The team’s overall goal is to drive adoption of the Firm Wide Data Management policies and standards, establish and lead programs in support of data governance and data quality initiatives, and deliver value to the wider organization through reduction in effort and errors.
Securities Operations supports the activities of the Firm's Broker-Dealer as well as our Custody business. We match, settle, process and service in excess of $20 Trillion in assets. Data Management documents and traces data elements through our systems and transaction lifecycles, determines ownership of data elements and seeks to resolve ownership issues, as well as manages a comprehensive data quality program. Through these activities we determine root cause of data issues and work with partners across Operations, Technology, Risk & Compliance and Controls to permanently resolve those issues. Finally, we produce metrics, KPI and analysis to assist the management team in making data-driven decisions.
The successful candidate will join a team focused on the improvement of data quality both tactically and strategically within the CIB Securities Operations and be responsible for supporting the strategy and execution of Chief Data Office’s initiatives.
The role will require working with stakeholders across the CIB, looking to leverage best practice across the industry and other J.P. Morgan business units.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- 3-5 years experience in financial services in operations, data management, technology
- Project management and Business analysis experience
- Product and/or Operations background
- Ability to break down complex problems into components, identify root causes, and establish resolution plans
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, any of the following: Jira SQL, and Qlikview (a plus)
- Ability to analyse and interpret large data sets
- Excellent presentation, communication (orally and written) & influencing skills to all senior levels
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adopt within a changing environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, with strong time management skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple business demands, prioritize and deliver in a timely manner with high standards
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Proficient problem solving skills and ability to rapidly learn unfamiliar processes
- Ability to work with cross-functional global teams and interact with all staff levels
- Preferred -Market data knowledge and understanding of various vendors e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC, Broadridge, etc.
- Experience with Data Governance principles a plus