Cybersecurity Technology Controls (CTC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls, Access Management and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of TC is to drive standardization, consistency and simplicity in a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management.
The Global Identity and Access Management (GIAM) organization within CTC provides access control governance and Identity Services for all lines of business (LOBs) globally, providing the right access to the right people at the right time for all technology platforms and applications supported by TC, and provides a comprehensive set of applications, tools, and staff to globally implement, monitor and manage technology risk solutions.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines, understanding of architecture and design across all systems proficiency in developmental toolsets.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals. High performing individual contributor or team leader responsible to maintain business critical platforms and deliver high ROI business features.
- Build expertise in the team and position for a platform re-engineering program
- Understand the architecture of the existing applications and develop features solutions for the full stack; UI, Java-based back-end, database and messaging
- Apply latest DevOps concepts to continuously improve and transform platform into a highly available, highly maintainable platform – including but not limited to code, policy, processes, tools. Improve monitoring, automated validation and synthetic transactions, collaboration between Dev and Ops and automated SDLC tool chain.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile Feature team setup with team members located across different locations and time zones. Contribute to delivery success across teams as a technology coach and lead developer.
- Have a strong focus on time and resource-management, decision-making and ability to operate with parallel project deliveries.
- Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources.
- Mentor and develop team member’s skills in design, new technology, clean code, TDD, code review, and problem solving.
- Develop new skills to contribute as a multi-functional team member (potential areas for secondary skills: Angular, Cloud readiness, Security, Monitoring and Measuring Tools).
- At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 7+ years of Java/JEE design and development skills. Must have strong analysis (both requirements and system) and design skills.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Strong experience with performance testing, performance test tools, investigation and resolution.
- Expertise in Spring, Hibernate, MQ, Java Multithreading, Security and Performance, RESTful webservices, XML, JSON, and Apache+Tomcat.
- Deep understanding of DevOps and current hands-on experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience in writing, maintaining, performance tuning in SQL and PL/SQL (Oracle preferred), and the ability to write complex SQL, understand complex procedures and triggers.
- Current experience in applying Test Driven Development techniques (jUnit, Selenium, Fitnesse or similar tools).
- Experience with job scheduling technologies like Autosys and Control-M.
- Passionate about technology, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment