J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion.
CTC Risk is an independent risk function managing firmwide Interest Rate and Liquidity Risk. CTC Risk also oversees the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office (CIO), Treasury and Corporate (CTC) businesses, and is responsible for the end to end risk framework within the Treasury & CIO (includes Market, Credit & Operational Risk, as well as Retirement plans & BOLI COLI risk). In addition, CTC Risk partners with firmwide Principal, Model Governance & Review, Country and Reputation Risk for oversight of the corresponding risks within CTC. CTC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reports directly to the firmwide CRO and is also the CRO for the unconsolidated HoldCo JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Liquidity Risk Oversight is an independent risk management function having responsibility for
firmwide oversight with the Global Head of LRO reporting to the CTC CRO. Responsibilities include, but not
· Establishing and monitoring limits, indicators, and thresholds, including liquidity appetite tolerances;
· Defining, monitoring, and reporting internal firmwide and legal entity stress tests, and monitoring and reporting regulatory defined stress testing;
· Monitoring and reporting liquidity positions, balance sheet variances and funding activities;
· Conducting ad hoc analysis to identify potential emerging liquidity risks
· LRO participates in critical projects, including regulatory submissions such as Recovery & Resolution, CLAR (Comprehensive Liquidity Analysis & Review), ILAAP (Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process), among others.
The Liquidity Risk Oversight group partners with other internal risk groups, Corporate Treasury, LOB Treasury groups and senior management to inform funding strategies and liquidity management through normal and stress market environments. LRO is also a primary resource for external regulators for discussions and analysis of liquidity risk.
CTC Risk seeks to hire an Associate to join its independent Liquidity Risk Oversight (LRO) function focusing on the Commercial Bank (CB). The role provides a unique opportunity to understand and work with firmwide risk measures as well as in-depth product analysis across the Wholesale banking sector encompassing report and metric development to capture line of business risks, product level stress assumption analysis and design, policy and framework design, scenario analysis and regulatory liquidity risk measure (e.g. LCR / NSFR) analysis.
The nature of the position also offers significant opportunities to create a broad personal network across J.P. Morgan and visibility to senior management.
· Provide independent risk oversight on adherence to the liquidity risk framework for the CB
· Participate in the development and independent review of proposals for liquidity risk monitoring, metrics and stress tests for CB, in partnership with CB Treasury and/or Corporate Treasury.
· Ongoing review of assumptions and metrics for appropriate consistency across wholesale banking lines of business.
· Develop appropriate analytics for senior management, business partners, risk committees and regulators
· Coordinate with other LRO leads to ensure consistency in approaches and awareness of ongoing projects
· Provide independent review and appropriate challenge over short/long term cash flow projections developed by the Corporate/LOB Treasury teams
· Play a key role in the development and build-out of the liquidity risk management process and infrastructure
· Conducting ad hoc analysis to identify potential emerging liquidity risks. Provide periodic updates to senior management on liquidity developments
· Analyze and prepare daily commentary for risk reports including stress / LCR changes, balance sheet changes and indicator breaches
· 3+ years experience in:
o Liquidity risk / treasury functions; and/or
o market risk or front office experience or other related experience in banking products
· Knowledge / experience in wholesale banking products (deposits, commitments, loans) preferred
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute multiple projects at once and deliver results under tight time constraints
· Demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in multi-disciplinary teams
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across different businesses and functional areas
Education: Masters in science / mathematics / finance
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.