JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. www.jpmorganchase.com
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.3 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
With more than 160 years of experience, J.P. Morgan Wealth Management (WM) is a global wealth management leader that delivers the quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging our products and solutions.
The Asset & Liability Management (ALM) Associate will be a key member of a team that is responsible for Treasury and ALM across the Wealth Management business. The candidate will assist the ALM team with interest rate risk management, funding/investment decisions, and portfolio analytics of the mortgage, wholesale loan and deposit portfolios. This position will provide an opportunity to make an impact to the bottom line and provide exposure to senior management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the ALM team to perform cash flow analytics, execute funding strategies, and data and risk analytics on the Wealth Management portfolios, primarily focusing on the mortgage and credit books.
- Partnering with Finance, Corporate Treasury, and the Chief Investment Office to drive investment and funding decisions as well as developing portfolio strategies across the firm
- Supporting the Mortgage Pricing Committee to set mortgage rates, evaluate pricing strategies and assess new product features, taking into account the state of financial markets and competitor pricing
- Preparing presentations and develop actionable reports for senior management
- Discussing ALM risk management, market conditions and fixed income hedge activities/strategies with senior management to manage WM interest rate and balance sheet risks
- BA degree, required
- 2-6 years of experience; ALM, Fixed Income, Mortgage and Deposits experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong experience with Excel, familiarity with Access & VBA a plus
- Ability to work with large data sets a plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and intellectually-demanding environment
- Team oriented and strong work ethic