JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website:www.jpmorganchase.com.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position is part of an application DBA team that provides content administration for SQL Server instances across entire promotional environment (dev, QA/UAT, prod, DR). Responsible for ensuring maximum up-time with maximum throughput to meet established service-level agreements (SLAs), ensuring backup integrity, and supporting application development and production support groups as needed. Responsible for ensuring compliance to established JPMC database security guidelines as well as industry best practices. Responsible for meeting project deadlines and deliverables. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to set priorities and work with limited direction to achieve desired goals and results.
• Participation in an on-call rotation to provide 24/7 production instance support
• Monitor incident ticket queue and troubleshoot and resolve database incidents within SLAs
• Monitor storage capacity and consumption, trend long term usage, and proactively work with Architecture group to plan SAN procurement
• Monitor instance and server performance and identify current and future potential bottle-necks
• Review, maintain, and periodically test instance recovery procedures
• Monitor violations discovered by security compliance tool and remediate issues as needed
• Support application upgrades of third party software, where an instance is part of the vendor's implementation
• Maintain documentation store of DBA operational policies and procedures
• Minimum 7 years experience as an MS SQL Server DBA in a production environment
• Solid SQL Server administration experience with the latest versions of SQL Server
• Demonstrated proficiency with performance tuning and database optimization techniques
• Proficiency using SQL Server management tools - experience with automation of maintenance jobs is a plus
• Sound TSQL skills
• Should have experience administering at least one large-scale and high visibility production environment
• Experience with schema design, clustered and non-clustered indexes, normalization and de-normalization techniques
• Strong familiarity with industry-standard monitoring and security tools
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely-related (e.g. Math, Engineering)
• Minimum 5 years of work experience as a DBA in a team setting, providing 24/7 support to mission-critical applications and databases
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• 10+ years experience as an MS SQL Server DBA in a production environment, with experience in latest SQL Server version releases
• Strong familiarity with SSIS Packages
• SQL Server Clustering
• SQL Server Replication
• SQL Server Database Mirroring
• SQL Server Integration Services
• SQL Server Analysis Services
• SQL Server Reporting Services
• Development experience is a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.