The Tax Operations Analyst will be part of a team responsible for the tax data integrity of transactions processed within our accounting systems and the production of the 1099s, 1042S forms, and tax packages for our Wealth Management Clients. As a team member, you will be expected to perform the daily activities required to meet tax withholding and reporting requirements including an understanding and analysis of the tax treatment of financial instruments and adjustments to basis. You will also assist the team with the year-end tax withholding and reporting process, understand controls, and participate in reviews to provide consistent and accurate tax reporting in accordance with regulatory requirements to our Wealth Management Clients.
The Tax Operations Analyst is expected to have an understanding of the financial activity as it relates to tax withholding and reporting. A holistic understanding of the tax cost and reporting process as it relates to specific financial instruments.
The Tax Operations Analyst is expected to assist the team with tax projects that impact our accounting system including system enhancements, transition of accounts from other platforms, new securities, and new services.
The Tax Operations Analyst is expected to perform the daily activities and be flexible in working the required hours, which may include some weekends and holidays. (Heavy volume periods – first and fourth quarter)
· Analyze transactional activity for consistency and accuracy; liaise with appropriate team(s) and/or individual(s) to facilitate the required adjustments
· Assess the impact of industry, legislative, and/or other changes and develop and communicate required procedural changes resulting from the industry and legislative changes
· Perform required reconciliations
· Perform analysis on tax and security research
· Research historical activity as necessary to respond to internal business partners in adherence to our service level agreements
· Review and analyze the integrity of data (client, security, and transactional)
· Responsible for required tax withholding and reporting
· Perform data and tax package analysis as well as year-end controls and verification
· Create and distribute the 1099s, 1042S forms, and tax packages
· Ability to identify areas of improvement and recommend efficiency enhancements
· Cross train with other team members, other operational teams, and CSG
· Document and enhance procedures and training documentation
· Document and enhance MIS relating to data analysis, inquiries, and maintain daily MIS
· Ensure adherence to procedures, control policies, and service level agreements
· Communicate and participate in multiple operational, technological, and business projects (business requirements, testing, implementation, procedures, etc.)
· Liaise with business partners to assist in the development, enhancement, and implementation of best practices (other areas of Wealth Management, Investment Bank, and the firm)
· Provide tax guidance to other operational teams (Income, Corporate Actions, Mutual Funds, CSG, and internal/external colleagues)
· Serve as a subject matter expert
· Support the team’s structure and goals
· Two to four years of financial/operational experience; tax experience required
· Ability to multi-task, plan, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment across multiple financial instruments
· Ability to work as a strong team member
· Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent time management and strong organizational skills
· Self-directed and motivated with attention to detail
· Strong oral and written communication skills; comfortable with scheduling and facilitating discussions
· Strong reconciliation skills
· Flexibility to work extended hours as needed
· Proficient with Microsoft Products – Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Access
· BS/BA required
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.