As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The candidate will function as Application Developer in the Discretionary Investments Technology group within the Wealth Management Technology. Discretionary Investments Technology supports our Managed Solutions and Strategies business which serves our discretionary and fiduciary UHNI and HNI clients. As a technical member of the team, the candidate will be responsible to design, develop, build and test application software.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities including:
• Proficiency using core Java, J2EE, REST, Spring Framework, ORM Hibernate and RDBMS based technologies for the Discretionary Investments groups
• Design, analyze, develop, unit testing (TDD) and regression automation (BDD) to deliver product backlog for large and complex projects.
• Adopting and practicing Agile methodologies including, but not limited to, story grooming, sprint planning, complexity analysis, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
• Team player and ability to work in Global Team setup, product owners and business team to develop, build & support application.
• Post Production application support
• Participate in quality assurance, peer reviews and code reviews
• Working knowledge of Tomcat/Apache application servers
• Hands-on experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
• Development experience with XML and RESTful & SOAP web services
• Knowledge of standard build and deployment tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Git/Stash, Ant, and Jira
• Experience with database development and design including experience with Oracle and/or Sybase
• Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, product owners, and other stakeholders
• Preferably Financial Services Domain knowledge - Equity/Fixed Income Product Knowledge, Securities Trade and Position Management, Reconciliation
• Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Hadoop or any other Cloud technologies
• Testing frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, Protractor etc.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co. you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.58+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext), and proven track record of incorporating into your day-to-day work, is a plus but not required.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.