This is NOT a traditional Linux Sys Admin opportunity. The team functions along a DevOps methodology and controls all hardware and operating system configuration, as well as solves different Linux engineering, architecture, and operate problems.
This person in this role will interact with many technology groups across the bank, such as application development, application operate, QR, and global technology infrastructure teams. The individual will work on technology that runs Commodities, FX, Rates, Credit and Equities trading businesses.
The role supports JP Morgan’s strategic proprietary technology stack, as well as a set of integrated opensource products and tools. The individual will learn and apply knowledge toward automating all aspects of the technology footprint.
- Respond and resolve UNIX/Linux support requests and issues.
- Monitor infrastructure using provided monitoring tools.
- Provide Onsite weekday and weekend support in relation to a follow the sun support model.
- Escalate issues to vendor support / provide root cause / incident reports.
- Participate in Project / BAU / AdHoc tasks.
- Work closely with related infrastructure and application groups.
- Manage production support issues from start to finish. Including; troubleshooting, providing short and long term solutions and root cause analysis.
- Tools development and improvement
- Learning and facilitating new technologies
- Strong knowledge of Dev Ops, Linux Administration, Application Support, Service Delivery and Client management
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to staff and other business partners to promote operational excellence.
- Champion continuous process improvement, performance management, and metrics-driven results.
- 8+ years in system administration supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux in a large-scale (1500+ servers) highly available environment.
- Experience with HP DL and DELL hardware models
- Good working knowledge or experience in networking concepts & technologies (Solarflare, Mellanox a plus). Familiarity with switches, routers, firewalls (a plus)
- Must be knowledgeable in use of Fibre Attached Storage, Multipathing, Linux LVM. Including, setup, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must have strong knowledge in supporting the infrastructure for application, database (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Postgres, Vertica) and web servers (Apache).
- Low latency performance tuning experience
- Previous experience with open source tools (a plus)
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and well rounded in infrastructure technologies.
- Must be fluent in performance troubleshooting.
- Must be able to work with little guidance.
- Must possess coding skills (Python, bash, Perl, Korn Shell, awk, sed).
- Document processes and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial industry background (a plus).
- RHEL6 / RHEL7
- HP / DELL hardware
- NAS / SAN
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Geneos, Tivoli, Ganglia
- CFEngine, puppet
- CVS / SVN / Git
- SMTP, NIS, DNS, NFS, LDAP, SSH, PAM
- Cobbler / Koan / Kickstart
- strace / tcpdump / bonding
- RHCT / RHCE / RHCA / RHSS
- IBM Symphony
- Vertica / Postgres / MySQL
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.