At JPMorgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our customers, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Using the latest banking and investment solutions combined with cutting edge technology you’ll be front and center representing our brand, and problem solving to offer our customers the best solutions for their financial needs. If you are passionate about people, helping to improve the lives of our customers through financial solutions, education and advice, then join us at JP Morgan Chase.
The Branch Systems and Innovations team is part of Chase’s Consumer Bank and serves as catalysts for discovering and experimenting with new technologies and business concepts for customers and employees in existing and emerging markets. We partner with all types of innovators from startups to global brands to deliver the best technology in all of our branches and ATMs.
Chase is seeking a Head of Innovation for Branch and ATM to reimagine the future of retail banking. Success in this role will include the articulation of our innovation and partnership strategy, new revenue and expense reduction opportunities, including customer and branch employee insights and experiences.
In this role, the candidate will unlock bold sources of growth and value with benefits to all lines of business. He / she will accelerate innovation through forming strategic partnerships with startups to global companies to pilot new technologies, and test solutions in support of our digital and physical transformation. The ideal candidate will extensively research, rapidly prototype, conduct customer studies, and engage business partners on delivering successful solutions to scale.
This position is intended to provide an opportunity to be at the forefront of Chase's new innovative technologies with an eye toward full market rollout.
The position reports to the Managing Director, Head of Branch Systems, ATMs, and Innovation.
- Negotiate complex strategic partnerships
- Build, test and advance pipeline of ideas through business case development
- Extensively research new product innovations, competitors, consumer trends and emerging technologies
- Conduct usability studies to gain consumer insights and utilize data as input into the project advancement and prioritization process
- Define new product and feature business cases working collaboratively with business teams across Chase to ensure a unified product landscape and product roadmap alignment
- Engage closely with cross-functional stakeholders to drive a roadmap that meets business and consumer needs
- Manage cross-impacted initiatives and internal / external teams to gain input and critical innovation concept assessments
- Assess project health and reporting status on a regular basis
- Identifying and tracking project/program issues and driving their resolution
- Develop business cases, regular portfolio and pipeline updates with recommendations to senior executives for either continuing or securing funding to take to market
- Ability to thrive in an environment with constant change
- 8+ years of related experience in innovation, product development or business development
- Expertise in defining and building out product roadmap and business models
- Ability to influence stakeholders with diverse points of view
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in consumer services and products
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent research and written communication skills
- Proven track record of delivery and new product feature creation
- Experience in evaluating and costing new business ventures and measuring ROI
- Ability to act in a consultative role with internal and external business constituents
- Broad understanding of banking systems, operations and their interdependencies with technology based solutions
- Experience with agile product development techniques and continuous integration philosophies and practices for speed to market is a plus
- Strong business acumen and relationship management skills