|Infrastructure as a Service (ICS) within JPMorgan Chase’s Global technology Infrastructure group develops and operates one of the world’s largest enterprise compute environments providing compute, storage and hosting platforms. The massive scale supports a diversity of business applications to one of the largest banking institutions in the US.|
|JPMorgan Chase is shifting its core IT to become Services based. The ICS service is the foundation that other Services will build on top of. This shift will require implementing the Software Defined Datacenter to enable speed, scale and flexibility to meet the changing business needs. The goals are to abstract, virtualize and orchestrate the end to end process of delivering IT capabilities to the firm.|
|The Storage Service is a key function with the ICS organisation and has over 200PB of Storage under management. The storage team is accountable for the delivery of storage services globally across the enterprise. This includes the design, architecture, engineering, continuous improvement, capacity/supply chain, request management, service management and risk and controls of operational support of all storage technologies in the firm including SAN, NAS, Object/Cloud and Back-up. Within GTI, ICS work in partnership with Service Operations (SO) who provide L1 & L2 operational support of the ICS technologies; Sourcing and Finance, for vendor management, procurement, and billing; Infrastructure Build team, who manage the infrastructure lifecycle (build/decom).|
As the firm has a major focus on cloud adoption, the Storage Service has recently formed a new service, Object/Cloud Storage Service, which will be service provider of cloud storage for JPMorgan Applications. As an Object Storage Engineer, you will report directly to the Object Storage Engineering Manager. ICS Object Storage Engineering is responsible for producing and maintaining the Object Storage builds and lifecycles, core standards and associated technologies used throughout the bank. These technlologies currently include Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage, Atmos, Centera and CipherBucket. The role requires strong knowledge of vendor provided Object storage platforms and cloud storage providers. The role also requires strong developer skills as we automate the certification of our products with vendor REST APIs as well as AWS S3 Java, Python and .NET S3 software developers kits. The development also extends to the development and support of Object Storage microservices as we move towards a software driven organisation. This will require strong technical experience, developer skills and leadership skills.
• Development and maintenance of automation for the certification of new Object storage product releases.
• Development and maintenance of Object Storage microservices to be consumed via nortbound automation.
• Certification of new or existing products used with NAS
• Work with storage vendors to ensure all products are free of vulnerabilities and technical bugs.
• Establish S3 API and product best practices with vendors and communicate to JPMC Object storage users via documentation and meetings.
• Provide L4 Support to the Object Storage Service as required.
• Follow ICS Engineering process and procedures for release management & Secure from the Start.
• Chairing on development workshops and development communities.
• Maintain good documentation on our standards customer facing Wiki/SharePoint
• Propose new concepts/solutions or research projects to team and ICS engineering teams
• Collaborate with other teams to deliver Object Storage solutions or services.
• Attend one or two training classes and year to further enhance your skills and knowledge
• Development experience - at least 3+ years in large enterprise
• API design & definition, at least 3+ years experience in large enterprise
• Extensive use of Object Storage solutions (e.g. EMC ECS, Ceph, Cleversafe, Scality) with S3 API, at least 3+ years experience in large enterprise
• Extensive use of Public Cloud storage providers
• Development experience in at least two of (Java, Python, .NET, C++).
• Amazon Web Services (S3, Glacier, Vaultlock, Snowball, CloudTrail, EC2, EBS)
• Authentication services; Kerberos, ADFS, SAML, OAUTH.
• GIT, BitBucket, JIRA
• Google Cloud Storage (regional, Nearline, Coldline), Azure Blob Storage, IBM Softlayer.
• EMC Elastic Cloud Storage, Cleversafe, Ceph, Scality, StorageGrid, Cloudian.
• Atmos, Centera.
• Proficiency in Linux, Windows System Administration and VMware.
• Strong undertstanding of encryption standards and implementation.
• Ability to produce detailed Low Level architecture documentation.
• Creative thinker, generates ideas to drive forward the agenda.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with senior management and engineers, as well as develop good client relationships
• Good understanding of Configuration Management.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• College degree level education or equivalent work experience.
• Scale Out NAS (NFSv3/v4 & SMB2/3).
• On Command Insight, ViPR SRM.
• SharePoint administration.
• Perl, Powershell.
• AWS S3cmd CLI
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.