The Equity & FICC Finance Platform DevOps team is looking to hire a highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer to join the team in the expansion and integration of the team group globally. The successful candidate will be responsible for assistance with our user/technical requirements, design, development, implementation and support of the global equity finance and securities lending systems. This team is part of the core engineering team, and provides deployment and monitoring tools / automation, and works closely with our Support team and Development team to ensure 24/7 availability. You will build infrastructure and monitoring tools to deploy and upgrade server applications and software platforms, with zero down time requirements. In addition you’ll perform root-cause analysis, instituting preventive measures where indicated. This position also requires strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and a good candidate is expected to contribute to the vision and direction of the product line.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- A strong sense of good practice with respect to development techniques
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle process and OO programming
- An understanding of Continuous Delivery / Continuous Deployment practices
- Ideally understands securities lending/repo flows or demonstrates an eagerness to learn the business fully
- Design software to improve availability, scalability and efficiency of the financing platform
- Solve problems and automate responses for recurrent issues
- Develop tools and applications to automate and support applications
- Gathering and refining requirements from stakeholders
- Build and Develop Continuous Delivery workflows for application build/deployment lifecycles. Build and Develop monitoring solutions for applications (both cloud and physical infrastructure)
- Familiarity with at least Java or Python programming language
- Experience with scripting languages (ex. Python, Perl, Basic Shell Scripting).
- Experience with reports and statistical analysis tools for real time and historical search like ELK, Sumologic, or Splunk.
- Experience managing databases Oracle/Sybase/MySQL
- Experience of monitoring tools like Geneos / Grafana
- Experience of build tools like Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity
- Willingness to learn and explore new technologies to help the team stay ahead with current development trends
- Have experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Experience of working on highly scalable & highly available systems
- You are familiar with cloud computing systems
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran