The candidate will be part of the CT Operate team that provides support for suite of applications.
- Resolve and track production incidents and prevent reoccurrences
- Ensure that the application infrastructure is working fine, current and all updates are made in a timely manner.
- Understand and execute periodic health-checks pertaining to the batch, infrastructure and specialized processing
- Ensure all work is done on a ticket and there is communication to senior management and stakeholders on the progress
of the work.
- Ensure all change to UAT or production environments follow the change management procedures, all paperwork are
raised in time and all approvals are in place.
- Ensure shift-related documentation and communication is properly done
- Investigate any issue. If progress is not made in a reasonable time, escalate and seek help.
- Ensure all support documentation are updated with new management structure, infrastructure stack, and application
- Ensure HPSM (Peregrine) queues are monitored for new issues and they are resolved and closed with the correct level
of engagement and timely manner.
- Ensure PLM activities are scheduled for all environments, applications and locations.
- Validate the different aspects of application after a PLM or change event.
- Participate in annual MEPC events
- Monitor the storage utilization for each application or location.
- Coordinate and perform deployment, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and support of production
- Partner closely with Application Development, Testing team and upstream consumers and other L2 Operate teams.
- Participate in on-call rotation for application support of production related issues.
- Improve productivity, supportability and efficiency by automation of repeatable tasks using tools and scripting.
- Create and improve system documentation (Run books, FAQs)
University degree level, and/or related work experience
3 + years experience in Unix, Sybase, Oracle, Autosys and PL/SQL
- Strong production support background with ability to work in complex application environment
- Strong PL/SQL programming and support experience
- Strong UNIX and Windows experience. Need to have ability to read and understand UNIX Shell scripts.
- Strong Sybase and Oracle database knowledge
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion.
- Good problem solving skills
- Familiar with the full systems development lifecycle process
- Awareness and understanding of current industry developments
- Knowledge of Finance and Regulatory reporting applications
- Written and verbal communication - Advanced
- Coordination Skills- Advanced
- Facilitation Skills face to face and virtual - Advanced
- Firm/Business Knowledge - Proficient
- Flexibility - Advanced
- Interpersonal Skills - Advanced
- Relationship Management / Partnership - Proficient
- Problem Management - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.