J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Wealth Management division of J.P Morgan Chase & Co is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.3 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Managed Solutions & Strategy (“MSS”) manages discretionary investment strategies and performs manager due diligence for clients across J.P. Morgan Global Wealth Management (GWM) and Chase Wealth Management (CWM). Discretionary investment offerings include multi-asset, single asset class and alternative strategies offered through individual accounts and private and registered funds. MSS performs due diligence on traditional and alternative asset class managers, including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
The MSS Specialized Strategies Team (“SST”) is responsible for delivering client solutions across managed equities, customized bond portfolios and multi-asset offerings. Assets under management of the global Specialized Strategies Team are over $85 billion dollars. The portfolios are predominantly actively managed with clear mandates reflecting portfolio characteristics, return and/or risk objectives.
As a Vice President on the Thematic Advisory Portfolio Management Team, the candidate will be a dedicated resource for the Dynamic Yield Strategy (“DYS”) portfolio. DYS is the largest investment strategy in the Advisory Program at nearly $12 billion in AUM and focuses on delivering clients income with investments in fixed income, hybrids and equities.
We are seeking a candidate who will work closely with the Portfolio Managers on analytics, research and alpha generation in the investment decision making process. Prior experience in fixed income markets is a strong preference for candidates applying for the role given the portfolio’s income focus. The role requires the desire and ability to work as part of a collaborative team, as well as strong quantitative and analytical skills.
Additionally we seek someone who demonstrates strong communication skills and shows creativity in displaying analysis and data in a way that is compelling to broad audiences. We would expect in time that the candidate would be able to comfortably present to large groups on our investment portfolio and market views, as well as would be someone we’d potentially put in front of a clients if the need occurs.
The role requires strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail. In addition to research and analytics, individuals will be expected to have workable knowledge to deliver on our operating model needs, including the ability to initiate trades.
- Minimum 6 years in capital markets, proving qualitative and quantitative deliverables and expertise in areas such global rates, fixed income, currencies, and/or equities) and funds (e.g. private equity, hedge funds, traditional funds and ETFs).
- Demonstrated interest in investing and portfolio management with a passion for global markets.
- Ability to evaluate potential investments (e.g. bank loans) and implementation vehicles (e.g. ETFs) and support recommendations with research and quantitative analysis
- Strong quantitative aptitude and analytical skills is preferred with practical experience honed both through academic schooling, as well as on the job application.
- Demonstrated expertise in data analytics and preference for programming/coding skills, particularly in a portfolio management and modern portfolio theory context
- Ability to identify, synthesize and organize multiple sources of data and present findings in a clear, organized, and marketable fashion
- Knowledge of market fundamentals and economics
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic and team player mentality are required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical as the candidate will be required to work as a team player on a highly visible and demanding global investments team.
- The ability to multi-task is important – the candidate should be organized and efficient.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Work with third party market data providers (Bloomberg, Morningstar, Factset, etc.) to run complex analytics to monitor portfolios and support investment ideas
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited, high-quality institution is required with a CFA and/or MBA is strongly preferred