Market Risk Middle Office (MRMO) is a group within the Firmwide Market Risk Reporting, Middle Office, and Project Services group within Corporate Risk. The group is responsible for Market Risk data control and risk analysis covering various risk processes including VaR, FSI Stress, Stress VaR, Regulatory Capital, Default Exposure, and Volcker.
Market Risk Middle Office has regular dialogue with Market Risk Management, Product Control, Middle Offices, Market Risk Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, and Technology teams across the various lines of business. The team is involved in a variety of improvement initiatives such as market data remediation, end to end reviews, and documentation of procedures, all in support of the various VaR processes.
This role within the Market Risk Middle Office will be focused on the development of the India based team that will play a key role in support of the various market risk functions supported by the team. This will be inclusive of VaR, FSI Stress, Stress VaR, Regulatory Capital, Default Exposure and Volcker in addition to hierarchy management, feed governance and metrics reporting and analyses. The position requires keen focus on controls and will be responsible for ensuring that all processes have strong/appropriate controls that are actively monitored.
• Be a subject matter expert in Market Risk including supporting all aspects of day to day process.
• Support the build out the end to end operating framework for the team, helping the lead establish and implement tracking and escalation processes and documenting.
• Build effective partnerships with Technology, Market Risk Operate, RCMO, MRQR and Market Risk Reporting teams; consensus builder
• Ensure that all processes are run in the most effective, efficient and timely manner to meet all SLAs
• Ability to build critical relationships across the Market Risk Middle Office team
• Development/refinement of key controls and ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the environment to mitigate control gaps/deficiencies
• Ability to get into the details and know the workings of all processes within the stated responsibilities will be key in the successful execution of this role
• Develop business process knowledge and stay abreast of changes in the regulatory environment as impacting the various processes
Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience in a banking/finance environment a requirement
• 5-7 plus years’ experience, primarily in financial services, with focused experience in either risk, product control, operations and/or finance, with solid technical experience
• Confident self starter
• Ability to effectively work with virtual teams
• Strong knowledge of financial markets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective/credible relationships with the business and functional partners; ability to interact seamlessly with both senior management, peers and staff members
• Superior analytical abilities
• Ability to effectively work in a matrixed reporting construct
• Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Attention to details; hands on engagement
• Process-oriented with focus on continuous streamlining/improvement
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Excel
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.