JP Morgan Investment Management, Inc. (“JPMIM”) manages employee benefit plans for public and private institutional investors and provides investment management services for a broad spectrum of other institutional investors including foundations, endowments, sovereign governments, defined contribution plans and insurance companies, as well as other institutional and individual investors through mutual funds, investment partnerships and other pooled investment vehicles.
JPMIM is an active participant in the global equity, fixed income, emerging and currency markets as well as in real estate, infrastructure, private equity, hedge fund and oil and gas markets.
JPMIM is the investment adviser to the Infrastructure Investments Fund (“IIF”). IIF identifies, analyzes, acquires, and manages infrastructure and infrastructure-related assets located generally in member countries of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (“OECD”). IIF also assesses capital markets and controls investment risk in determining the optimal financing, diversification and disposition strategies for the managed assets.
IIF is seeking to hire an Associate - Investment Principal to play an integral role in sourcing, acquiring and the subsequent management and oversight of infrastructure assets. This person will be involved in all aspects of the investment and asset management processes including sourcing new transactions, underwriting, due diligence, and closing on new transactions as well as creating value on closed transactions by actively managing the assets through board participation and partnership with the executive management teams.
Working closely with senior IIF team members to effect long term strategies for the Fund, including:
- Interaction with sellers, partners, investment bankers and advisors to source and review select acquisition opportunities, including leading deal and structuring teams.
- Analyzing (i.e. screening) investment opportunities from a qualitative and quantitative perspective. Including having an active role in due diligence and working/managing third party experts/advisors and being prepared to discuss preliminary findings with colleagues and superiors.
- Drafting of investment memorandums for both internal investment committee and external client presentations. Responsible for presenting investment opportunities to internal investment committee and/or external clients.
- Providing training and mentorship to junior staff.
- Development and execution of business plans around each individual asset during and subsequent to acquisition.
- Overseeing and managing the shareholder relationships with investee companies, operating partners and co-investors.
- Active involvement and ownership of budgeting process at investee companies.
- Supporting all aspects of fund raising activities.
- Monitoring and maximizing the cash flow from the investments.