About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Market Risk is an independent risk group, overseen by the IB Chief Risk Officer, that identifies, measures, monitors and controls market risk.
Market risk management seeks to facilitate efficient risk/return decisions, reduce volatility in operating performance and ensure that the firm's market risk profile is transparent to senior management, the Board of Directors and regulators. Market risk coverage staff has regular dialogue with the Investment Bank trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
The group has teams aligned to each business and region and works closely with the Traders, CFOs, Middle Office and Risk Reporting to ensure a complete understanding of business issues.
The successful candidate will work in Market Risk supporting the Asia Currencies and Emerging Markets Trading businesses. Primary coverage will be North Asia markets. Products include FX, interest rates derivatives, FX options, interest rate options, government and local currency Corp bonds, as well as interest rates structure products.
The Market Risk Associate will become familiar with key market drivers and the various risk measures used to understand the risk profile of the portfolio, specifically Value At Risk (VAR), Stress testing, and qualitative risk assessments as well as working to help improve the systems and infrastructure used to examine the firm’s risk.
Monitoring of market risk positions – with the aim to identify material risks, concentrations and tail risks to ensure no surprise.
Conduct ad hoc risk scenario analysis for and respond to urgent requests from senior risk and trading management.
Understand the factors that drive the risk and P&L on the books, follow market movement/activities affecting positions, highlight and discuss risk changes and top risks.
Assist in limit escalations and monitor key control processes.
Improve risk transparency, methodologies and reports by conducting deep-dives on various basis risks, curve risks, specific structure risks etc.
Coordinate with FO, MO, Finance, QR and Model Review Group and Technology on projects relating to MRI, VaR, stress, risk reporting and interact extensively with technology support teams relating to methodology and infrastructure changes and improvements.
- Minimum Bachelors degree, previous market risk management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets (Asian local markets preferred) and interest rate products, including derivatives.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Must be able to converse with a wide variety of groups.
- Deep sense of accountability and able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Innovative, able to think out of the box and make clear recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate. Sound understanding of quantitative concepts relating to risk sensitivity, P&L explain, VaR and stress testing.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Superior Excel and Access skills including VBA and SQL programming.
- Strong team player.
- Able to work independently, with manager base in another location.
Working in Market Risk will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work alongside intelligent, numerate and knowledgeable people in a global group that covers almost the entire spectrum of financial products. It is an ideal place to get a bank-wide perspective of the various groups, businesses and products that make up the Investment Bank.