As an Executive Administrative Assistant on the Credit Trading floor, you will perform diverse administrative functions for different teams and provide back-up coverage for the Head of North America Credit Trading. The position requires high confidentiality, a strong work ethic, initiative, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to make sound decisions. You will rely on excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities. Duties include, but are not limited to, executing complex scheduling for senior principals, extensive travel arrangements, meeting/event coordination, answering busy phones, submitting expenses via Concur, reviewing incoming correspondence/emails and preparing responses, and ordering and maintaining supplies. You will be working closely with your team and peers to manage information flow and to smoothly execute a wide range of daily tasks and broader goals.
Hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm – flexibility to work additional overtime, on an as needed basis.
• Calendar Management/ Outlook - Schedule internal/external meetings and appointments; coordinate conference rooms /calls.
• Share phone coverage for a busy group, involving significant interaction with clients and senior members of the firm.
• Event Planning and Coordination – Handle routine and non-routine logistics (i.e., contact participants and coordinate responses, prepare or edit meeting materials, coordinate catering).
• Coordinate travel arrangements (air, hotel accommodations and ground transportation); prepare detailed itineraries, ensuring accuracy and timely delivery to the traveler.
• Expense Management – Concur. Compile and submit expense reports in a timely manner, adheres to the company’s policies and guidelines.
• Professionally field phone calls, address issues or redirect as appropriate, and distribute messages in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Distribute incoming mail and faxes, prepare and send packages via mail, messenger and federal express.
• Assist with overflow, special projects, and assistant back-up coverage.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite, and intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to learn procedures and proprietary systems quickly
• Use of JPM Internet/Intranet
• High punctuality
• Professional and positive demeanor at all times
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and excellent telephone etiquette
• Use of tact and discretion when dealing with confidential matters; proven experience interacting with senior management
• Organized and detail-oriented with a strong commitment to accuracy
• Handle regular activities without prompting, and promptly escalate issues or delays
• Ability to anticipate problems and find solutions
• Confidence to complete projects with limited supervision
• Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines; sense of urgency and responsibility; prioritize effectively
• Motivated by a collaborative environment and is always willing to go the extra mile