J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.25 trillion.
Single Name Position Risk (“SNPR”) Reporting is responsible for providing management default exposure (“DFEXP”) information and analysis to Market Risk Coverage, Senior Risk Management, Line of Business (“LOB”) representatives, internal audit, and external regulators. SNPR reports on issuer DFEXP to provide tactical reporting while also providing input and advice on strategic infrastructure and workflow capture practices that will facilitate improved data quality and increased automation and flexibility in their reporting.
Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
This Analyst role in SNPR Reporting is part of a broader Firmwide Risk Reporting Group. The right candidate must understand and challenge risk information available and must be able to work closely with the Market Risk Middle Office, Market Risk Coverage and Product Controllers Groups to ensure that the data is accurate. Additionally, the candidate will need to understand data flows, investigate data issues and be able to engage Market Risk Middle Office in a constructive discussion of the root cause of data related problems and be able to identify and discuss proposed solutions.
The role entails the collection, aggregation and analysis of big-data in order to produce meaningful SNPR reports and escalate/confirm breach information; which are consumed by Senior Risk Management to monitor the content and status of the firm's DFEXP. The team interacts heavily with the Market Risk Coverage and Market Risk Middle Office teams. The right candidate must be detail oriented, great communicator and able to manage large amounts of data from various sources. This role requires a candidate with the ability to grasp and understand current processes within the business make suggestive improvements where possible and gradually take on those responsibilities to return a high quality end-product. Analyst level individuals will be heavily engaged in production of reports, remediate data quality issues with position and reference. Access data base and Excel VBA skills are desirable. Project management skills a plus.
There is a critical need to focus on ensuring that the risk reporting is comprehensive, useable, and accurate so that all levels of risk management can use it to understand and manage the business in a timely and effective manner.
Specific responsibilities/deliverables include:
· Partner with Market Risk Coverage to provide reporting analysis and meet reporting requirements
· Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to meet Service Level Agreements
· Identify, track and remediate data quality issues with single name positions, credit hierarchy and reference data
· Analyze and understand the impact of report methodology, products, DFEXP, policy, and process changes by comprehending and communicating findings to management
· Utilize large data sets in combination with Excel and Access to produce summary reports for Market Risk Coverage and Senior Management
· Contribute to the improvement and automation of the SNPR reporting processes
· Streamline and consolidate current report suite
· Develop new reporting as requested; facilitate the implementation and delivery
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
· Minimum 2-3 years of relevant industry or functional experience (Financial Services, Risk, Finance, Accounting)
· Knowledge of products that generate DFEXP preferred (Fixed Income, Equities, Derivative products)
· Strong reporting skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
· Strong data management skills with excellent knowledge of Excel and Access (Pivot tables and VBA)
· Comfortable in a deadline driven environment
· Risk experience is a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.